Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-07, 09:26 AM   #1
atlfishguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Took my boat out for the first time

I bought the 89 procraft with the 150 johnson I was telling you guys about in my previous post. I finally had a chance to take it out on the lake yesterday and here goes, (you guys please give me any insight you might think I need to do to the boat). First off the boat is cold natured, which I think most are that age, but once you start it the first time its good to go for the rest of day. One thing I did notice is it doesnt like to idle and when I go to move it in gear it wanted to quit a few times, now also this is the first time the boat has been out in 6mos so I dont know if that has something to do with it or not, again Im new to all this. Should I consider changing the plugs, it hasnt had a tune up in awhile the guy who sold it said and what kind of plugs do you guys recommend? Other than that the boat was solid and strong, it took me a little bit to get the hang of taking off and working the trim out to get on plane but once up it was a very smooth ride. Everything worked on the boat but the speed omiter and the trim gauge quit working, it was working when I launched but then I noticed it wasnt working. Lastly, which really made me mad when I was pulling back on to the ramp I must of not had the motor up enough and chiped a small piece of the main bottom fin under the prop and bent it alitte, is that gonna hurt anything and should I try to strighten it? its bent just barely. One last question im gonna charge both trolling motors tonight, but how often should I have to charge the crank battery, the guy i got the boat from charged all three a couple weeks ago but the boat hadnt been run since he charged them. Do you normally need to charge the trolling motor batteries after a day of use? I know this is alot of info if you guys could answer some of these issues it be great. Thanks again guys.
atlfishguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.