Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-08, 08:33 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Anna (w/Piggy2) and Potomac snakehead

So Friday evening I run down to the lake, pay my entry fee for the first Friday Night tournament and who do I run into???? Yep, Piggy2 (Pignjig to you new guys - you see Cranebird was Pig-n-jig but Piggy2 hijacked his name ) came up for a little club tournament on the "radioactive mudhole" and was wandering around the parking lot looking for discarded baits because, and I quote, "I can't catch a friggin' thing out there. What the he*# do these mutant bass eat?" So he hops into the boat and I take him up lake and put him on numbers of quality bass. Of course I'm crushing bass on some of the latest and greatest baits ever produced and he's muttering something about deadlines and pictures and job related things . Of course when your mind is on work and you're not connecting with nature you miss the subtle strikes by those wiley Lake Anna pigs. He does finally connect with a 8" monster of a bass and he then settles down only to throw c-rig the rest of the night and come up empty. He's got pictures and he may post them for everyone once he heads home on Sunday or Monday .

So today I head out on the river for a little bassin' fun. I'm fishing with a new club member and we run into a small feeder creek that holds a few nice post-spawn keepers in a small pad field every year. We catch a couple fish out of the pads with one keeper in the boat. We work our way back to some laydowns, I bang one possible keeper off the front seat, it hits the deck, takes one bounce and away it swims never to get the courtesy measure it deserved. Rob sets the hook on a good fish and claims he's got a catfish due how the fish is digging into the mud bottom and not coming up to shake it's head. I get the net and wait until this 8lb 2oz snakehead comes up to say hello. Not what either of us was expecting. Since these fish are an invasive species it goes into the livewell to be eaten at a later date.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	080531_145653.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	2293   Click image for larger version

Name:	080531_145249.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	2294  

Last edited by 3dkicker; 05-31-08 at 08:51 PM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.