Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-09, 12:14 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Beat the monkey and can fish more!

Today started of differently than I had expected. I usually make it out to the water on Friday from sunrise until 7:30 and then meet up with some of the other IT managers and my boss for breakfast. I went to the breakfast expecting to hear the results regarding scheduled pay raises. ( I didn't think that we would get them, but still had some hope)
I didn't get the raise and in fact got told that my position was being eliminated.
I have been envolved in a few lay offs over the past 12 months, but this was the first time that I was on the receiving end.
For me it is not the end of the world because I am getting a pretty nice severence package. While I don't report to work anymore after today, I still receive a pay check for 60 days from the company. After those 60 days I get a check that equals 2 weeks pay for every year worked. I hit the 5 year mark this past year so that will be a lump sum (minus Uncle Sam's cut) of 2 1/2 months pay. As long as I can find something in the next couple of months then this will end up being a blessing in disguise for me.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.