Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-09, 08:38 AM   #1
BassQualifier
BassFishin.Com Member

Lightbulb Preventing Thieves Breaking Into Boat

I saw another thread where a gentleman was looking for a Loc'R bar and some discussions about boats getting broke into ensued.

I too hear stories all the time of people's rods, reels and tackle getting stolen from their boats at night, whether they are in a boat slip for the night, in a parking lot, or behind the owner's house. But these stories you hear of stolen tackle.... is it because the tackle wasn't locked up in the compartments? Or was it because the tackle was indeed locked up, but the thieves broke or picked the locks and got everything that way?

I have a Triton that I keep a lot of tackle in and often keep the boat in publicly accessible areas overnight, but my compartments can be locked so I lock all the compartments. I have been assuming that since I lock my compartments, it'd be pretty tough to get my tackle stolen. Is this true?

I wasn't sure if you hear these theft stories all the time because boat owners didn't have locks on any of their compartments or because they just failed to lock their compartments one night.

So what's the deal? If my compartments have locks and I lock all my tackle up in those compartments, do I need any further protection? Is my tackle still a big target or do these thieves move on to unlocked boats?
BassQualifier is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.