Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-10, 12:30 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default How will you fish different in 2010?

I know that we had a thread on our resolutions, but this one is meant to be solely based on fishing. With the New Year here, I have been doing a lot of thought of how I want to improve my tournament results.
I have come up with three plans that I am hopeful will change the outcome this season. I am not putting these out there to suggest that they will work for me, let alone anyone else, but it is still a plan.
1) Accept my position on the boat.
Since I am a back seater I know that I will seldom get the first cast at the prime spots. Last season I did not alter my fishing to account for this. More than once I found myself tossing the same bait into an area that the front seater had just worked. This season I want to work secondary areas and use different baits than the front seater.
2) Quit being stubborn.
Twice last year I insisted on throwing baits that did not make sense for the conditions. I got too caught up in the "it worked last time" mentality. For me this is probably my biggest deficiency. Fishing off of memories and not conditions.
3) Take less with me.
I know that this one is the most counter-intuitive and sounds as though in is a conflict of number 2, but I really think it will help me. I find that I take so many baits that I am spending more time selecting and changing baits than actually working an area. This is the one item that will likely come back to bite me, but I do feel that that the risk will be outweighed by the reward.
So, what do you all plan to change in how you approach fishing in 2010?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.