Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-11, 10:23 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Fishing my my dad...priceless

I was truly blessed to be able to spend 7/29 thru 8/2 fishing with my dad up at our place on the lake. After we had spent that time with just the two of us there doing as much fishing as he could handle, most of the rest of our family (there were 22 of 26 of us there) was able to join us up there for several more days of relaxation, fun and just an all-around great time! Once everyone was there, I was able to take 2 of my sisters and 2 of my nephews out fishing (they don't normally fish at all) and each of them caught at least one fish from the boat, so that was cool also.

I'm not sure why, but we are catching way more Smallies on our lake this year than usual. We aren't fishing any more than usual, or in different locations, or with different lures, but we have already caught 49 SM this year alone as compared to a TOTAL of 30 in the LAST TWO YEARS COMBINED. Oh well, they are a blast to catch so we'll just ride it while it lasts!

My dad and I had a great time fishing and below are pics of some of our better catches. Unless otherwise noted below, all fish were caught on a dropshot rig with a 5" wacky-rigged senko as the lure of choice. Various colors of senkos were used.

2lb 3oz, 15" LM and 3lb 2oz, 17" SM

4lb 2oz, 18.75" LM - caught using a Zoomie - my biggest bass of the year and my first one to break the 4 pound mark in 2011

3lb 10oz, 18.5" SM

3lb 2oz, 17.25" LM - caught from our dock - the biggest LM of the week!

3lb 0oz, 16.5" SM

2lb 11oz, 15.5" SM - caught from our dock

2lb 5oz, 15.25" LM

2lb 1oz, 21.0" Silver Pike (a color phase of northern pike) - caught using a black spinner bait; only the 3rd one I've caught in the last 3 years on this lake

WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.