Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-13, 11:13 PM   #1
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default tried the boat today

and a yup, it's got a leak. Got to figure out where it is and hopefully patch it some how. Was an interesting experience today. Got it out there with my bro-in-law who lets me get in first. I step over one seat and get part way over the next when he decides to go ahead and cast of. I think it already had some water in it which is why as my weight was going to one side, that water went to that side to so the boat just kept going. Plus I think as I was falling ole bro in law (a navy veteran mind you who apparently has not learned to let first passengers get seated in a small boat before you cast off and board yourself ), was in the process of casting off and boarding. The boat rolled to the left, I landed on my back, some where between in the boat and out.

Got myself up on my seat, he was on his and I say, "It's leakin" He says he's not sure if it's a leak or just came in the boat from my fall. I say's "Nope if it came in from my falling, the water wouldn't still be rising." Paddled the boat around and got back on shore.

We did some fishing from the shore, but there was only about 30 yards of shore clear enough to fish from without getting on someone else's property. Of course we didn't catch anything after that racket and splashing we made with the boat. I did fish those lures I made and they swim true except for the one with the deep diving bill. It worked fine if you fished it very slow and steady, but if you retrieve it just a hair too fast and it turns sideways and runs top water splattering water, which could look like a wounded fish I guess, but not what is intended. But the others run great.

Kinda mad cause it's a nice sized pond that aint really been fished in awhile. Lilly pads cover 90% of it now and there used to be good structures as in trees and logs. I just know if we coulda got that boat in those pads and threw some worms or jigs or even ran some spro frogs, we have got some nice fish.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.