Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 12-11-12, 10:56 PM   #1
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Chevy Trailblazer

I have been looking at Trailblazers and am thinking of getting one. Just wondering if anyone owns one and how are they for towing and in general? I have a regular cab pickup and hate putting rods in the bed. Will 7 ft rods fit inside with the back seat down?
Old 12-12-12, 01:19 AM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

bob, lisa drives a 2002 trailblazer, the straight 6 motor with towing package, 2 wheel drive. she ABSOLUTLY LOVES the thing. it has over 226,00 miles on it and hasn't given us any REAL trouble. we have towed MY RAJUN CAJUN with it too. as for the 7 foot rods...yes they WILL go in there with the seat down. but unless oyu are traveling alone i wouldn' t reccomend it. they will be in the front area too. either the tips or the reels. my boat is a 20 footer too by the way. total weight is probalby close to 4,00 pounds (guess?) when it is fully loaded with all my gear and lisa's. if you can, get the V-8 motor, towing package and 4WD. knwo a fella hwo has one and he won't even HTINK of selling it. great little SUV'S in my opion. i wish chevy still made them. wheni get another job, i am gonna TRY to find another one with less miles on it and in a V-8,4WD to go next to the one we already have. and yes BOTH will be for lisa.lol. great suv's bob. really great.
Old 12-12-12, 02:49 AM   #3
joedog

Had one.
7fts will fit easily. 7' 2" too.
Recommend looking into a rod rack for inside.
Can center poles if you only carry like 3 but they hold like 6 or more.
This ones cheap and I've actually used.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishi...3Bcat104539680

Last edited by joedog; 12-12-12 at 08:59 AM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-12, 08:52 PM   #4
flfireman

My wife has the longer version with 3rd row seating. Bose stereo, 2 x2, 6 cylinder, leather, blah, blah, blah. Absolutely love it, 160,000+ miles. Had a few issues in the beginning that were all warranty stuff, since then it has been great. I actually have been using it alot more, now that Im fishing more tourneys. Better mileage and able to keep all my gear inside it. My rods are all 7 and up, fit fine. I actually heard a lot of negatives about the 4x4 version, maybe they have fixed them. Not sure about the 8 cylinder, I average 16-18 MPG with boat on the highway w/ the 6.
Old 12-14-12, 12:20 PM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

yeah scott...lisa gets close to 21 mpg on the highway. that is without a boat behind it. ours is the old straght 6 too.

i haven't heard bad things about the 4x4 v8...hmmm.

they are no longer made either scott. chevy morphed it into something else i think. smaller and not al that in my opion. forgot waht it is now.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.