Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-05, 02:28 PM   #1
HulaPopr
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Over there

If you get a chance to watch this new FX original series, DON'T!!! This is another liberal media pice of s*** show trying to demean our troops fighting overseas. In the beginning it shows a private using drugs just before he gets on a plain to leave for the middle east as well as using drugs over there. This would never happen in reality, they do drug tests even in a warzone because when you're handling weapons, there is no room for error. You could NOT get away with it. Also it displays all soldiers and offices over there as disrespectful a**holes always looking for trouble. This show is a disgrace to our troops fighting overseas and the directors should be shot. But what can you expect, its coming from liberal hollywood and everything that pours out of there that deals with the war is a liberal piece of crap.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-05, 02:33 PM   #2
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Im with you if they do something about troops do something positive or get their A$$#S out their and fight for this country........... Show looks like it sucks anyway
Old 07-29-05, 02:46 PM   #3
NJRapala46
BassFishin.Com Member

I wanted to watch it but I never got a chance. Now, after this post, my interest level has decreased dramatically. I seriosuly, get PISSED off, when i find out about the liberal media's stunts like this.
NJRapala46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-05, 02:50 PM   #4
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Their Just trying to make money............ But it would take a lowlife to do something like that
Old 07-29-05, 03:52 PM   #5
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

most of the things that are in the show are pretty accurate... minus the drugs and disrespect. respect is number one with superiors, and works from the bottom up as well as the top down. I have a couple Marine friends over there right now... and they were able to watch it on a satellite feed... the one thing they said that was very accurate was when the PFC said to the SGT "yes sir", the SGT replied with "stop calling me Sir God damnit!"... calling a non-com sir is frowned upon by all in the service (except th Marines)... but everyone who was ever in slips at least once. the other accurate thing was the scene with the fire fight when the one leader was supposedly "negotiating". none of the US troops died... but all of the enemy did. the liberal media would not have it that way. the liberal media would not show such a lopsided kill ratio on TV as actually happens in IRaq now (almost 1000 to 1). However, there was a casualty on the show due to a roadside mine. very accurate. about 80% of the American deaths and maimings in iraq are due to roadside bombs. since the numbers are accurate ont he show, i have come to the conclusion that the directors are trying to please both sides, and have failed miserably.

I do however take it very personally when they show a soldier taking drugs in a combat zone. it happened widely in Vietnam, and no doubt it happens in Iraq, but the soldier who does it in Iraq is a disgrace to the uniform and would be courtmartialled. first off, the service today is voluntary... the soldiers are there b/c they want to be there... and therefore would not ruin their careers by being stupid like that.

that being said, I do not plan on watching the show again, even though i really like the theme song .

If people really want to know what it's like over there, talk to a local who was in a war, and make an effort to contact the soldiers currently serving to tell them how much you appreciate their service.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-05, 07:28 PM   #6
Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaPopr
If you get a chance to watch this new FX original series, DON'T!!! This is another liberal media pice of s*** show trying to demean our troops fighting overseas.
Hula, sounds like you're looking for an excuse to attack the so-called "liberal media" without any basis other than you saw something in bad taste, therefore it must be liberal.

FX is owned by News Corp., headed by that noted "liberal", Rupert Murdoch, which also owns Fox News, New York Post and other "liberal" media.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-05, 07:52 PM   #7
HulaPopr

Marty, I think it is safe to say that most of the stuff that demeans the war or troops is led by liberal democrats and I made that assumption, but I guess it was pretty inaccurate. I think rob mak makes a good point, the producers were probably just trying to please both sides and ended up making both sides angry. I think like anything else in the media, its just trying to make money and get good ratings.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-05, 06:59 PM   #8
Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaPopr
Marty, I think it is safe to say that most of the stuff that demeans the war or troops is led by liberal democrats and I made that assumption, but I guess it was pretty inaccurate. I think rob mak makes a good point, the producers were probably just trying to please both sides and ended up making both sides angry. I think like anything else in the media, its just trying to make money and get good ratings.
There's certainly no doubt about that, media of any stripe is a business whose goal is the bottom line.

By the way, I haven't seen the show, so I can't comment on what they presented.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-05, 09:13 PM   #9
frogman
BassFishin.Com Member

This sh*t ticks me off my and the hell would u go and make fun of troops in iraq. with out the military we would not have freedom. i think we need to get all those people out there who think the military suxs and go put them in a 3rd world counrty just so they get the feeling of having no freedom.
[B]GOD BLESS AMREICA
frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-05, 09:14 PM   #10
frogman
BassFishin.Com Member

america *srry about the spellign was payign attention that much i wa sto pissed
frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-05, 09:51 PM   #11
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

now now now.........i dont see how they are makin fun of our troops..........drugs has happened in all wars..............i dont recall the disrespect part............but i thought most the show was good.......ya, they could have done without the drugs.......but it does happen........and i dont think that portraying that is making fun of soldiers at all.........its not like that because one soldier does it, the whole millitary is filled with druggies....no its not like that. just look at the part where they were helping that women soldier out.....when she was having a hard time digging in........i think its a good show.......i didnt see them making our troops look bad.....just showing reality. as more shows come we will see how the show really is..............

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS.....AND AMERICA
Old 08-02-05, 12:12 PM   #12
Sluggo Man
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Look, we need to hurry up, finish the job, and get out quickly.

I am pretty close to a pacifist. I don't believe in war unless it is absolutely neccessary. This half-hearted effort to get the middle east in order isn't working, and our troops are getting killed because of having to be over there longer. I am all for protecting the country, but I don't see how this is protecting the country.

Frogman, it's attitudes like that that give Americans such a reputation.

I am certainly not a liberal, I disagree with their political views. But I am not a war-mongerer.
Sluggo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-05, 12:47 PM   #13
PowerBass

Lone,
I dissagree strongly with you! We need this war more than anything. We need to cut these as*wh*les down to size. This is friggin America. Love it or leave it. Damn I am sick of peace loving human huggers. It is time to stand up and fight. GOD BLESS THE USA and OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!

From a 100% Patriotic American!!!
Old 08-02-05, 04:46 PM   #14
Sluggo Man

I consider myself to be very patriotic too. I'm all for protecting the country, but I am certainly NOT for an attitude like your's.

Peace-loving human hugger? Yes, I am happy to be a peace-loving, people-loving person. It's called a "moral standard."

Don't you take me as un-American or un-patriotic just because I don't have an attitude like your's.
I am all for bringing terrorists to justice. Hence, why I said to HURRY UP, PUT IN FULL FORCE, GET THE JOB DONE QUICKLY, AND GET OUT.

I sure hope your post was exaggerrated.

Yes, many people in this country are liberals, and many of them are against fighting. I may disagree with them, but I still love and respect them as people.
I pray for President Bush every week.

- From another 100% patriotic American
Old 08-02-05, 05:11 PM   #15
PowerBass

I didnt understand your first post sorry, but damn, how can you show any mercy for those Bastards!
Old 08-02-05, 05:41 PM   #16
Denny_ohio

Default my opionon

Our President Is SATAN. And our American BLOOD is being spilt all over foriegn
soil and the body that joined to get money for college is now being sent home in a body bag......Here MRS. Jones here's your son Tommy....He was so brave!. Nothing is ever gone fix those people over there. Look at all the MONEY that has been spent...MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring our troops HOME!!!!!
we are wasting lives and money BUSH= SATAN
Denny
and there is no need to say GD in this room....please
Old 08-03-05, 12:44 AM   #17
Skeeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_ohio
soil and the body that joined to get money for college is now being sent home in a body bag......Here MRS. Jones here's your son Tommy....He was so brave!. Nothing is ever gone fix those people over there. Look at all the MONEY that has been spent...MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring our troops HOME!!!!!
Denny
If you haven't been there you've got no right inexpressing your opinion for "us". We know what we're there doing and we're damn proud of it, so please, keep your opinion on the war/job we're doing to yourself! And DAMN is not GD. Besides, saying Satan=bush is 10 times more offensive than that. You must be about 12 yrs old to have made such an ignorant post.

Skeeter
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-05, 01:48 AM   #18
southernsnatcher

damn skeeter u beat me to it...but honestly guys it is much more demoralizing to here people say we dont need to be there, or "our" blood is being spilled in vein...i mean think about...lets say a soldier goes over the the big sandbox to protect his family and his country...he is seeing all his friends around him dying or being wounded...now all of a sudden he sees people saying, we shouldn't be there and these soldiers died for nothing...how in the hell is that supposed to make them feel...they are giving their lives to support you, and then they stand tall and say you're f***ing welcome for having the right to state your feeble minded opinions...its our job..its what we do...why do we never here of someone complaining when an electrician dies in the line of duty...technically u dont need electric...everything is fine and dandy as long as u have electric right....well guess what, u have your freedom...so stop the *****ing and let us do our job...

oh and one more thing...no offense PB, but this is america..i dont believe in the whole love it or leave it thing...they have the right not to if the choose..

now im not asking for anyones respect, nor do i feel that anyone owes us anything...all im asking is everyone to keep their demoralizing opinions out of my fellow soldiers ears.....

* getting off the soap box now...*
southernsnatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-05, 04:15 AM   #19
Denny_ohio

Default gggeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

Ya I do have my own thoughts,It not just the war that makes me think of bush this way.Anyone that has gotten to know me knows I have a strange sense of humor.......so relax.No SKEETER IM not 12 F***ing yrs old.I will noy be doing this ever again......mistake
Old 08-03-05, 05:29 PM   #20
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_ohio
Denny

NO ONE JOINS THE MILITARY SOLELY FOR MONEY FOR COLLEGE!!! the military is 100% voluntary now for a reason!!! because there will never be another Vietnam (58,000 American lives)!!! the difference between this war and that is that this one is being fought by people who are there no matter what the cost. when they joined, they were 100% aware of what they were getting into!! the military is here for ONLY one reason!! WAR
that's what armed forces are for... they are not for playing patty cake and making people happy!!

I JOINED THE DAMN MILITARY BECAUSE I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO SAY WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT THE PRESIDENT... NOT FOR COLLEGE FUNDS!!! if someone wants money for college there are other ways...

AS FOR WASTING LIVES... is it anything like the thousands of INNOCENT AMERICAN lives that were taken away on 9-11 for the sole reason that they were "capitalist Americans"?? those 1800 Americans who died over there died doing something that they were trained to do... they are national heroes... Their parents, if they are in fact true Americans should not hold that against the US government.. but against the ENEMY!!! the enemy killed them, not BUSH!!!

pick a side... don't say you're for it if you're against it, and don't say you're pacifist if you think that "war is ok IF..."

the only thing i agree with you on is that it's taking WAY TOO LONG!!! and that is the fault of the American generals.... i have homework for you all! think (without using google or any other internet resource) of the names of ONE commanding general in Iraq right now!!
If you can name one, you win a prize... but i guarantee you that you can't... I am a member of the US Army (i just signed my name on the dotted line 2 days ago)... and have followed the military closely since i was able to read... and I don't even kno the names of any of them!!

14 marines got killed today by a roadside bomb! and yet the generals keep on sending our boys on the roads!! SOMETHING has to be done to destroy the enemy... we need a Patton or a MacArthur in there right now!! I guarantee you that if any of those generals over there had to ride in a humvee down one of those roads they'd find a solution really quick!!! but since they're way in the back sitting in a swivel chair, measuring success by the amount of calluses on their FAT retarded asses, NOTHING WILL GET DONE!!! so don't go blaming anything on Bush!! he's a downhome cowboy who likes to win... What if Kerry was in!!! he either would have pulled us out and faced international criticism for not keeping american promises.. or he would have kept the men and women there and armed them with squirt guns and WHITE FLAGS!!!!

if you want something done, write a letter to the secretary of the Army and tell him to get the generals in gear... without good leaders, how can there be good followers??

my fingers are tired, so i'll end it here

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-05, 08:16 PM   #21
PowerBass

I am all for stoppin the money we are giving the bastards that attacked us. We should bring our troops home. But, sometimes things need to be done.

Hell, this isnt my area to talk so I am just gonna back off. A man has to know when to shut up.

Denny I never said GD, I just damn.
Old 08-02-05, 08:29 PM   #22
Denny_ohio

Default wow

1,800 dead us soilders...enuff said
Old 08-02-05, 08:34 PM   #23
Sluggo Man

It isn't Bush's fault that the war is going on for so long.
Old 08-02-05, 08:42 PM   #24
PowerBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggo Man
It isn't Bush's fault that the war is going on for so long.
this is true
Old 08-02-05, 08:35 PM   #25
flfireman

BUSH=SATAN???? Thats a pretty bold comparison. So if BUSH=SATAN, then what do Saddam and Bin Laden = in your eyes. The PROTECTORS OF EVERYTHING GOOD AND WHOLESOME IN THE WORLD, OR MAYBE THE INNOCENT PROTECTORS OF ALL HUMAN KIND! Get a friggin clue. You may not agree w/ what were doing or how we are doing it. But I'll tell you right now, the longer these terrorists keep blowing up crap all around the world. The longer we need to keep blowing up their homes, their land and whatever else they own. Maybe we could of let bill or john take care of this. That would be a joke, we would of lost thousands of americans and maybe they could of talked to them nicely and they would of apologized for them being mean and cruel. Stop watching coca cola commercials and look at what's really going on. You need to move to California, then you can join all the actors and actresses in their political rants and raves. Because everyone knows that they are all political science majors. (No disrespect to the member here who is)

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.