Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-11, 02:25 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Baseball fans only. What are your thoughts?

What a wild end to the regular season. Man did the Red Sox choke or what? And the Braves have to be thankful that the Red Sox collapsed like they did because if it wasn't for them then the Braves would be proud owners of the worse collapse in baseball history. I am very happy that the Cardinals backed into the playoffs. 3 weeks ago I was saying that even if they somehow managed to make the Wildcard they really didn't play well enough to deserve it. But the way that they turned it and ran down Atlanta would be impressive anyways but they beat some very good teams in the process which makes me take back what I said about them not deserving it. With 2 weeks left I started looking at the teams St. Louis had left to play and the teams that Atlanta had left to play and I just had a feeling that things might fall into place. I don't care what anyone says I think Lance Berkman should get some serious consideration for MVP. He had an amazing season but the way that he keeps things light in the clubhouse while still using his veteran experience to keep the younger guys heads right was the difference in us making the playoffs or playing golf Saturday morning. I hope that Pujols goes somewhere else next year and we spend his crazy salary on some pitching but that is beside the point right now.

Looking foward I still say that the Phillies will be the team to beat in the National League but in the same breath I will also say that Arizona scares me too because they are the team that so many people are looking past which can be dangerous.

In the American League I say that the Rangers are going to be a handful for the same reason that Arizona scares me. They have as much talent as anyone and yet everyone is talking about the Yank-me's and the Red Sox, which I think plays into the Rangers favor.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.