Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-11-12, 08:21 PM   #1
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Gee I never read that manual so do have two side by side and since I didnt read it they dont interfere,Apples and oranges older dont can sit on top of each other,troller doesnt interfere either,90 degree for few hundred bucks,new 180 degree wont share well or link as well,does get troller interference,does not share well with space costing a few thousand.I have run tests having two gps units one ant and two ff all in a 2ft space no interference.Didnt start out testing that way wanted to see what worked backwards compatible with the transducers and just kept adding and adding,many not having support still worked.Just about any transducer will work on other units the reason they dont as dont share same number of pins in connector or possibly where 200 freq or 83 or whatever is at on those pins,they move them around every few models so you need a 200 dollar plus transducer that operates same freq as an 86 dollar one but wont work as changed where they connect at on the pins.I rewire my own to suit,volt ohm meter,heat shrink tubing-each to his or her own I prefer dedicated for both ff and gps,so two units.
Was an attempt to let him know it can be done cheaper just less eye candy,hes wanting the new so will inherit new problems but also have a 3d world at his feet providing he can operate it.But his choice.
And im not the original poster was merely an answer that most likly isnt wanted.Also have mine external on transom they read bottom till 62-63 then flash actual depth to past 80 mph.Just the difference between old and new.

Last edited by lilmule; 06-11-12 at 08:29 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 09:20 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
Gee I never read that manual so do have two side by side and since I didnt read it they dont interfere,Apples and oranges older dont can sit on top of each other,troller doesnt interfere either,90 degree for few hundred bucks,new 180 degree wont share well or link as well,does get troller interference,does not share well with space costing a few thousand.I have run tests having two gps units one ant and two ff all in a 2ft space no interference.Didnt start out testing that way wanted to see what worked backwards compatible with the transducers and just kept adding and adding,many not having support still worked.Just about any transducer will work on other units the reason they dont as dont share same number of pins in connector or possibly where 200 freq or 83 or whatever is at on those pins,they move them around every few models so you need a 200 dollar plus transducer that operates same freq as an 86 dollar one but wont work as changed where they connect at on the pins.I rewire my own to suit,volt ohm meter,heat shrink tubing-each to his or her own I prefer dedicated for both ff and gps,so two units.
Was an attempt to let him know it can be done cheaper just less eye candy,hes wanting the new so will inherit new problems but also have a 3d world at his feet providing he can operate it.But his choice.
And im not the original poster was merely an answer that most likly isnt wanted.Also have mine external on transom they read bottom till 62-63 then flash actual depth to past 80 mph.Just the difference between old and new.
All I am saying is that he already said that he has a unit that shows depth. He asked about side imaging units and you went on and on about how he can save money by buying this transducer or that head unit, none of which are side imaging units and neither solution address his question. I pointed out that he could get a through the hull transducer to solve the issue of the side imaging transducer not showing water depth at speed and you then went on with something about it not working because of hull thickness (which is not true). The through the hull transducer will cost him a few hundred dollars more and then you need the Y cable. But when all is said and done he would have one unit that will do both side imaging and also show the depth, and all of that without having to add yet another graph to his boat that he pieced together by buying the head unit and transducer seperate. You were talking about a "quadbeam" and a "tri-beam" neither of which I have heard of but I am assuming that they aren't side imaging units which mean they are not what he was asking about. And you make side imaging units out to sound like they are some kind of rubix cube that are impossible to figure out, and that is certainly not true.

And if you don't think that the side imaging units will interfere with another unit of a different brand maybe you should ask everettvet about it. He had a thread a year or so back talking about his experience with it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.