Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-06, 07:08 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Another Nice Day!

Just had to go out again and try my luck, todays conditions were 70 degrees, water temp is 60, and south wind at 20mph+ with gusts well over that. The water had small whitecaps. I took the johnboat out and tied off to a tree, was going to just make a couple hundred casts and then crappie fish, I wanted some meat for dinner.
got out the same white Hart spinnerbait on powerpro, Quantum5:2:1 baitcaster with bionicblade 6-6mh...
within no time I was up against the northbank, a place that I havent caught fish at in a long time, and soon realized that yesterdays pattern wasn't even a option today..So instead of working the flats I started burning the spinnerbait parallel to the bank, just brushing the treetops and fallen timber(this stretch of bank had about 30 feet of trees). I just kept making repeated cast over the same trees, and then would fancast out to the flats..searching.
After the 4 cast to the exact same spot, a nice 2.8lb bass nailed it and really put up a great fight! I unhooked the bass, a nice big belly but only about 15 inches long...a couple more cast and got another, about the same size. I eased on to the back of the cut(the wind pushing me) and figured that this skinny water wouldn't yeild jackshyt, but man I was wrong@!
the spinnerbait was going through the whitecaps and right under the waters surface, and 3 more busted it! After being pushed up against the bank and all of its growth, the algae thats like slime began to really come in, wave after wave, so I headed the boat out to the other side of the cut, where is was calmer, and threw a powergrub(punkinseed 1/8th ounce) and nailed a smalled bass, about 12 inches..
My game plan on the way to the lake was to crappie fish, but after reading the conditions, burning a spinnerbait for 3 hours was mighty fun!..tomorrow. rain rain rain~!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-06, 03:37 PM   #2
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

sweet! glad that you had a good day!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.