Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-08, 05:13 PM   #9
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
If you are gonna go small, you can go cheap. The spook is still under $600 total since I got it, and it has problems and all but $600 versus 50K$ with no real advantage in fishability? Why would someone spend money on a name for a boat like that?
granted smaller boats have their advantages lower fuel cost is a big one and it is becoming more pronounced with the fuel cost we are dealing with right now. however bigger boats offer obvious advantages as well, some are important while others aren't so much important as they are just a bonus. when i bought my boat i had this in mind:

ADVANTAGES:
1. i needed more storage and a larger deck space for rods (if i was to step on one rod and break it, chances are that rod cost more than i would pay to fill up my boat with fuel and oil).

2. a larger front deck makes fishing in team tournaments a lot easier because both guys can share the front deck and boat control becomes less of an issue.

3. a faster smoother ride (i am not going into the whole speed demon thing) means that you can make longer runs in tournaments to either get to some fish you may have found a long ways from take off or maybe just get away from the boats that stay close to the launch.

DISADVANTAGES:
1. higher fuel and oil cost (both for boat and tow vehicle)

2. higher cost of upkeep and or repairs

3. tougher to get in some tigher places

those are the things i considered and thought about before i decided to buy my boat. i know that bigger boats aren't for everyone and in fact there are times i would like to have a smaller boat but not near as often as i am glad i have a bigger one.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.