Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-05, 05:03 PM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, here we are at the beginning of September. Mercy this year is getting by. The Mc Donald tournament is right around the corner.

The fishing has been up and down for me. I have had good mornings and the afternoon has been slow. My deep fish have not been reliable. I have worked main lake points from 3 to 18 feet of water. The Texas and Carolina rigs have been good for numbers for me.

Top water has been up and down. I have caught a few very early but no size. Most fish are running three quarter of a pound to two pounds. This is also true with the rigs. I have had a few exceptions on the rigs that were over five pounds.

The Wave Tiki Stick, Zoom Fluke, Lake Fork Tackle ZigZag, and Twitch worms fished weightless either Texas or Wacky style over the grass has produced a few good fish. The water temp is about 87 degrees. The lake is about 2 and a ¼ feet low This is good and bad. For those unfamiliar with the lake it will help them to move around a little, for others it can spell trouble as they will still go where they don’t see any stumps. BELIEVE IT OR NOT LAKE FORK DOES HAVE UNDER WATER STUMPS YOU CAN’T SEE. Keep this in mind and you will be able to fish another day. We need rain but not like they got in LA. We are so parched here and the trees are breaking down as no water in the limbs. I just cut up a limb that was 21/2 foot across that fell from one of our trees. The limb was dry on the inside of the core.

I have Sept dates open if you want to find a McDonald spot give me a call.

The crappie are still slow to small.

Jim Reaneau

1-888-918-5088

jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.