Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-05, 07:18 AM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well. The fishing has been good this week. The mornings have been very comfortable. You almost feel fall in the air. The first boat ride is cool and even at noon it is still comfortable. Top water has been a good starter around the grass and weightless baits were a strong second. Main lake points have been my key areas to start. I have been getting out as soon as I could see. I have been working the top water with a couple of quick jerks and then let it sit for a pause, then jerk it again. Pop’R type baits were the best top water baits. Lake Fork Tackle ZigZag and twitch worms, Zoom flukes Wave Tiki sticks were good weightless baits. I fished them wacky with no weight. Work the top of the grass or just on the out side edges. Wave Industries has come out with a new bait called the Shadick. It will be a good Carolina bait or weightless bait. You will need a 4/0 or 5/0 hook. The action has been crazy. You will need to try it for your self to see what I am talking about.

The Carolina and Texas rigs have been my follow up pattern after the top water slows down. I am working the above areas with rigs after the sun gets out. I still keep a lipless crank bait ready when the schooling fish show up. There are plenty of bait showing up all over the lake. The deep bite is good when you find the bait and fish together. The lake is almost three feet low and the water temp has dropped to 83 degrees.

I caught a few crappie out of 21 feet of water on jigging spoons while fishing a hump for bass. These were nice fish so get ready for the fall crappie fishing. I wont mention again but brush piles will help you get a limit of good keeper crappie. I have a friend who puts plenty of brush out and he says it has no problem getting his limit from them.

I want to tell you about something that I have just tried. This stuff is worth the money and time to use it. It is called Rocket fuel. This will make your reels sale out there. The key is only use one drop on your side bearings and a drop on the level wind. Don’t tear down your reels to apply as it is not good to get it on the anti reverse bearing. I use shamino reels and all I did was take the side plate off and pull out the spool and drop a drop on the side plate bearing and a drop on the shaft of the spool then put this back together and then apply a drop to level wind. It seemed it got better as I used the reels. DON’T USE TO MUCH! Just a little goes a long way. I also went to Walmart and got me a reel pen which cost about $2 bucks and pored out the oil in it and put the Rocket fuel in the tube, this way I could get to all the right spots. Lake Fork Tackle and your reel repair stores will have this.

I still have some open dates for September if you want to just learn to run a few areas of the lake or find a few areas for the McDonald tournament or Just go fishing give me a call.

Jim Reaneau

1-888-918-5088

jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.