Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-14, 11:14 AM   #1
mikechell
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc1997 View Post
i wish we had some water around here that frogging would work. i am going to do some frogging this year, but it will be about 30 feet deep this summer. i think it will be a great tactic for really big summer bass.

bo
One of my favorite frogging techniques is to cast it up on shore. If I can get it just at the edge, head on the water, legs in the ground, and shake it a while. Then, after you can't stand it, pop it about 2 feet and pull it another foot or so. Then fish it back to the boat normally.
Most of the time, using this method, the strike will come as soon as you jump it off the bank.
This will work without pads or any cover, since it gives the bass a target to home in on, which can bring them in from depths and distances.
mikechell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-14, 02:45 AM   #2
IowaBasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikechell View Post
One of my favorite frogging techniques is to cast it up on shore.
ABSOLUTELY!!! The main lake I fish is a small, private, man-made lake. To help with soil erosion, it is mandated that the shore has rip-rap at the water's edge. Because there is a spill-way, the water level is very consistent. Later in the summer there tends to be 1 or 2 feet of open water between shore and where the weeds star; many times there is less than 6 inches of water. When the recreational boating gets busy, this is where the waves crash against shore, but as soon as the water calms down the bass tend to hang out on the inside weed edge and look for anything that comes into that 1 or 2 feet of open water right next to shore. They will hit anything that is pulled off shore into that small open patch, but a frog works especially well because it can be worked over the rest of the weeds and the outside edge as well.
Old 04-04-14, 10:55 PM   #3
Crankbait

Cool video!!!
Crankbait is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.