Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-08, 08:07 AM   #1
RetiredandFishin
BassFishin.Com Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
One bank to each battery and no problem leaving them hooked up. I have 2 blue top Optimas-I love them, BTW-with an onboard charger. I plug it in when I get home from the lake and unplug it when I hook up the boat to go. Just set it and forget it.

Retired, welcome to the forum! Always glad to see a fellow Texan join the board-I'm guessing you mean a 24V motor. Or maybe a 12/24V, which means it will run on both 12 or 24V. If only one battery is hooked up it is running on 12V. You can hook up 2 batteries to a 12V motor by hooking the + to + and - to - on each battery and then hooked up to the TM. For a TM to run on 24V you have to hook up both batteries in series.
Hey Rebbasser
yep, my TM is 24 volt so I guess I'd better get the 2 batteries hooked up together.
Thanks

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.