Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-11, 01:09 PM   #1
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Rain!

Man...will this rain ever end?

Mother Nature is definitely making up for last year's drought. It's raining so hard right now, it sounds like long, continuous thunder on my roof.

Oh well, at least it removes all temptation to skip getting some extra work done at the office to go fishing.
Old 04-23-11, 01:32 PM   #2
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

For some strang reason it stopped here today. So I stopped at a local pond for a few casts. Caught one about 1lb and a half. Then that darn wind kicked up. Now I'm gonna smoke my ham for tomorrow. Gonna pull the boat outta the garage and get it ready for the season.
Old 04-23-11, 03:12 PM   #3
bassboogieman

April showers, bring May bass............. Let's hope so anyway. April sure has been the ugly sister.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 04:00 PM   #4
Bassboss

I know what ya mean Bryce, the weather's been crappy here too. Sun came out for a while today though, but keeps going back behind storm clouds. the weather's trying to get good... Getting close to May 7th, hope the weather's GREAT by then, but knowing this place.. it wont, lol!
Old 04-23-11, 04:00 PM   #5
bamabassman

blue bird skies here. BUT the wind is blowing at around 15-20 mph. i think and hope and pray the bass not hitting at the mudhole means they are on bed right now. which is good if they are, see...this will mean they will be OFF bed come may and HUNGRY.
Old 04-23-11, 10:00 PM   #6
keithdog

I hear ya Bryce. Same thing up here. I tell ya, my back yard looks more like a swamp than a yard! And it's also been so cold. The forsythias are blooming here now and normally that coinsides with the bass starting to hit good. But it's been so cold, I don't think that rule is gonna work out this year.
Old 04-23-11, 10:21 PM   #7
Embrey
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

you should try today on a boat....i actually felt a shock from my rod when lightning came out of nowhere. i didnt fish for another hour.
Embrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 12:16 AM   #8
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
you should try today on a boat....i actually felt a shock from my rod when lightning came out of nowhere. i didnt fish for another hour.
Now thats just plain scary!!!
Old 04-25-11, 11:09 AM   #9
WTL

I think we would all be well advised in hoping that east tennessee and north alabama settle down with regards to rain over the next month. Flooding conditions would not wash out the get together, you could still catch bass, but it would limit some things you can do.

(not to say that its at flood stage now, just dont want kentucky lake part II)
Old 04-25-11, 11:48 AM   #10
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
just dont want kentucky lake part II
I beg to differ. After Dale Hollow last year, I would consider KY Lake the year before to be akin to low tide.

We are continuing to get soaked up here in Indiana. The Ohio River is just ridiculous looking. Even Pigeon Creek, which runs nearby my house is so flooded, you can't even tell where the actual channel is. It looks like Patoka Jr.

It's scary, but Wheeler might be the first real fishing I do this year if things continue this way.
Old 04-25-11, 03:14 PM   #11
WTL

True, we didn't do too badly at kentucky lake. The water wasnt especially muddy for as high as it was.

This is going to differ in some ways from other events because we are looking at a tailwater fishery as one of the main attractions in the area. There arent as many places to get out of the current on wheeler or wilson, there are sloughs and creeks but they are relatively small, so a ton of rain would touch almost every pattern for good or bad. And it would make the area below the dams more dangerous for our party of out of state anglers, so again, let me stress, dont do anything stupid like get yourself killed. I dont anticipate that we will have unusually high water like we did 2 years ago, that spring was about as high of water as I had ever seen on Pickwick and the current was strong. Its just that time when I am getting ancy about the best laid plans.
Old 04-25-11, 05:35 PM   #12
bamabassman

i think things are gonna settle down over the next couple of weeks myself. temps are in the mid to high 80's here now. no more cold frints coming i don't think either. i think it is gonna be like the last 2 years, go from COLD to BLAZING HOT. humidity wil be rising rapidly within the next 2-3 weeks i think. PACK ACCORDINGLY gang.
Old 04-25-11, 06:08 PM   #13
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
i think things are gonna settle down over the next couple of weeks myself. temps are in the mid to high 80's here now. no more cold frints coming i don't think either. i think it is gonna be like the last 2 years, go from COLD to BLAZING HOT. humidity wil be rising rapidly within the next 2-3 weeks i think. PACK ACCORDINGLY gang.
Got a cold front coming through tonight...
But April showers bring May flowers.
Old 04-25-11, 09:48 PM   #14
bamabassman

you're right daniel. but it isn't a COLD front. cool maybe, lol. it'll be ok as long as the southern winds outta the gulf don't bring much water with it i think. sometimes that gulf can bring some soaking rain. it looks to me like we are about to get into the afternoon shower portion of the year. pop-up showers and so forth. spring is for sho here. and i am CHOMPING at the bit for may flowers.
Old 04-25-11, 11:04 PM   #15
nofearengineer

If the weather is like that, Bama...I plan on a lot of night and early morning fishing, and hibernating during the day.
Old 04-26-11, 08:26 PM   #16
bamabassman

been waiting on thsoe storms that went through arkansas all day. NOTHING. "supposed" to hi tonight but by the time it gets to me it'll be broken up a whole lot. at least we are praying it is.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.