Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-05-12, 01:35 PM   #1
kiddelicious
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
I have two St Croix Premier crankbait rods and I can tell you they perform flawlessly. And they cost a lot less than the Legend rods. I'd suggest spending the big money on rods purchased for techniques that require great sensitivity, such as fishing with jigs or soft plastics.
as stated before, i have legend tournaments as well as extremes for multiple applications. i just wanted to know if anybody had used this particular rod.

with that said, i took the trek to cabelas and handled one in person and was sorely disappointed. the rod is like a wet noodle. distraut, i thought i would have them bring me the legend walleye 7 ' MHM (because the legend bass was d/c in 7' and moved up to 7'8 mhm). did some bend tests on the rod and was more impressed by this rod then i've been by a lot of legends. craig at st croix told me the lure rating on the rod ( 1/2-3oz) was so people wouldn't be scared to use 1oz weights bottom bouncing. compared the old legend bass to this new legend walleye and was blown away by how much better it felt than the old bass. upgrading rod this week.
kiddelicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.