Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-07, 06:02 PM   #1
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default getting old

I took some time to get the **** away from this place and it wasn't enough time.I have met some good people here and some real mother ****ing *******s.Take care,see you in another month , or two. Ivan
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-07, 02:15 PM   #2
Wishing2BFishing

Pn'J, hope you come back soon. I enjoyed reading your posts.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-07, 03:43 PM   #3
crankybait

Well, I look forward to your return. Take care.
Old 06-18-07, 06:05 PM   #4
dampeoples
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

Well ain't that a mother ****er right thar. **** man, we're gonna ****ing *** miss your *** hanging around here.

Well, **** no i'm a ****ing liar, but hey, it ****ing sounded damn good!
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-07, 10:27 PM   #5
pig n jig

Goddam Sterile, you trying to be funny ? Try making a better jig than the one you sent me. I can see why you had to give them away, they're nothing beyond the great paint finish, try using real quality components and have a clue as to what works and what looks real flashy, but gets poor results.Well sorry for not sugar coating it.... No I'm not, I think you deserve being told the truth, go toot your horn to someone who doesn't know jack shyt about jigs. P N J

Last edited by pig n jig; 06-18-07 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-18-07, 10:47 PM   #6
dampeoples

Not trying, I am being a smart ***, you wake up from your nap a bit early?

I do make a fine jig, problem is when people are too good to take a freebie and give honest feedback, instead they want you to spend time doing this and that to a free bait. Your complaint was the skirt, heck if I was gonna go out and find new material to make you happy. Throw it away, give it away, hell, eat it for all I care. Next time someone asks for honest feedback, give it to them. All I wanted feedback on was the paint anyway. Got it, thanks.

For the record, I sent him a black/red jig with (gasp!) a rubber skirt. Did I mention for free? He said he had a jig he really liked and was happy with, I said cool, just give me your opinion on it, which he did.
Old 06-19-07, 09:20 AM   #7
leroy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to leroy

So...how about them braves?
leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-07, 10:12 AM   #8
Stewart
BassFishin.Com Member

A month or two sure flies by fast in here.
Old 06-19-07, 06:22 PM   #9
MississippiBoy

For the record, I sent him a black/red jig with (gasp!) a rubber skirt. Did I mention for free? He said he had a jig he really liked and was happy with, I said cool, just give me your opinion on it, which he did.[/quote]

I think I'm missing something here...Let me try to clarify.
You wanted his opinion on a jig you made, so you sent him one. Then, he gave you his opinion about the jig you made and sent to him...that right?

How dare he...
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-07, 06:32 PM   #10
dampeoples

You sure are missing something, then sticking your nose in others business. Try reading again, or here, let me clarify. I asked for paint opinions, since he wanted skirt material I did not have, he gave me that. Then, when someone picks on poor Ivan, he decides to call something I made ****, except for the paint, which is what I wanted an opinion on anyway. But thanks for playing.
Old 06-19-07, 08:23 PM   #11
pig n jig

Sterile, You really need to get a grip.I already gave your jig away months ago to a local rod builder that repaired my lamiglas flipping stick for me.Its the best I could do for your jig.He won't fish jigs, but he does appreciate color schemes and cosmetic appearances, which your jig really does look great. Lets leave it at that and go about our separate ways.Its obvious that we do not look for the same components in a jig and I will not ask you to change your product.There are alot of opinions on just about every subject of fishing, this is just another, its not the end of the world. To make it balance, send me your address and I will send you a locally made jig that I fish, so you can email me and say its a peice of **** and then if you would pass it on to Lizards, he will do just fine with it, for he and I fish the same style of jig fishing.I normally try to curve my opinions towards another persons product, or views on most subjects, but frankly you pissed me off.I will get over it, or die mad, life will go on either way.Keep giving your jigs away,don't be so quick to jump on another persons a$$, because he gave his view and it wasn't what you wanted to see. P N J
Old 06-19-07, 08:29 PM   #12
pig n jig

I can't possbly figure out how to add any more length to my run on sentences.

Fly Rod , Sorry, don't even think about trying to help. Bob Vila never took on such a project, I couldn't expect you to take the time from your busy schedule for me to learn something I should already know. P N J
Old 06-19-07, 08:41 PM   #13
dampeoples

This isn't about a jig, at least to me, you are correct, everyone has different opinions. You told me before I sent it that you didn't like the other components, I sent it anyway, got feedback on the paint, I was done, got what I wanted, this has been done 6 months or more. Maybe I shoulda asked a guy named crankbait or something for opinions on paint.

This is about me being a smartass in your thread, to which you chose to attack me. Fine, no problem, we can all die mad, well, you can. I still fail to understand how you make a post about being unable to withstand the rigors of forum participation, then me mocking you has anything to do with anything, but it's ok, I'm a big boy. Flame on.
Old 06-19-07, 10:01 PM   #14
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-07, 10:48 PM   #15
leroy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to leroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Agreed. Better than cable...
leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-07, 08:55 AM   #16
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
A month or two sure flies by fast in here.

Like the frog said; "Time's fun when you're having flies."

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-07, 09:32 AM   #17
betursweetbass

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

Quote:
I don't really care for smiley face's, but every now and then, one really makes my day......nice job JB.....don't you take any time off.....

BET
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-07, 09:49 AM   #18
JB

I knew that smiley central was loaded with spyware, but it was the only way to get that popcorn eating emoticon that so many use. I dumped the program right after installing it, ran my spybot search and destroy and had 141 new adware / spyware that came with the smiley central download.
They all were just tracking types, and I got rid of them, but had always heard those smilies were bad news.
Old 06-24-07, 12:43 AM   #19
1/4 stick

Quote:
I knew that smiley central was loaded with spyware, but it was the only way to get that popcorn eating emoticon that so many use. I dumped the program right after installing it, ran my spybot search and destroy and had 141 new adware / spyware that came with the smiley central download.
They all were just tracking types, and I got rid of them, but had always heard those smilies were bad news.
Those and some of the screen savers and wall papers. Toolbars are loaded with them too.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-07, 09:56 AM   #20
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig View Post
I can't possbly figure out how to add any more length to my run on sentences.

Fly Rod , Sorry, don't even think about trying to help. Bob Vila never took on such a project, I couldn't expect you to take the time from your busy schedule for me to learn something I should already know. P N J
Hang on! I'm working on it.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-07, 12:52 PM   #21
JB

flyguy, lets put our heads together and comeup with some help to these chaps. my resume speaks for itself. I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees. I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row. I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up several inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru. Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I have briefed military intelligence on computer security, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I’m bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after work, I repair electrical appliances free of charge. I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie.
Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don’t perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the Porsche (Twice). Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.
I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, Unrestricted Warfare & David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations with the DIA & NSA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair.
While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me. I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami.
Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.
Old 06-24-07, 06:19 PM   #22
1/4 stick

Quote:
flyguy, lets put our heads together and comeup with some help to these chaps. my resume speaks for itself. I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees. I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row. I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up several inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru. Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I have briefed military intelligence on computer security, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I’m bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after work, I repair electrical appliances free of charge. I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie.
Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don’t perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the Porsche (Twice). Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.
I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, Unrestricted Warfare & David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations with the DIA & NSA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair.
While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me. I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami.
Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.
All that and you still find time to fish and post. Simply amazing!
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-07, 06:34 PM   #23
JB

Try to fish about 3 times a week down from 7 days a week in my hayday.
Old 06-25-07, 01:22 PM   #24
skeeter944

Sterling, I love your jigs! They are very good for the way that I fish them. The paint jobs hold and so do the skirts. I have only caught 1 fish on your chatterbait though, it was about 3lbs, but still, a nice bass.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 02:31 PM   #25
JB

I've let everyone I know try his chatterbait and it gets a fish almost every outing, denny clobbered a nice one last week on it, first time he'd every fished one.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.