Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-11, 11:01 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Unhappy Beat You to It

Ok I already know that I messed up in a post in response to some jack as..'s bragging. So I am apologizing NOW. I was out of line but the guy just pisses me off, still. I really am sorry for my actions and I thank you in advance for understanding.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 11:09 PM   #2
1/4 stick

If it's the post I'm thinking about... Can't say that I blame you.
Old 12-02-11, 11:36 PM   #3
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Ok I already know that I messed up in a post in response to some jack as..'s bragging. So I am apologizing NOW. I was out of line but the guy just pisses me off, still. I really am sorry for my actions and I thank you in advance for understanding.
I don't blame you either Joe! but why start a new thread to say I'm sorry? Kind of a back handed apology? like maybe he won't even see it? Cool!
**edit** Just looked back over the post you're sorry about...pretty dang funny actually. Joe you seem like a relaxed laid back guy and then wham! right off the bat after this dudes first post you come at him with the death blows....scum!? and then follow up cracking on his &%>S*& wife WTF!

Last edited by kennethdaysale; 12-03-11 at 12:23 AM.
kennethdaysale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 11:37 PM   #4
Jrob78

Screw that guy, no apology needed.
Old 12-02-11, 11:55 PM   #5
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

That guy was either a total troll, or a jackass. Don't worry about apologizing to a one post idiot.
Old 12-02-11, 11:56 PM   #6
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Joe, don't blame you a bit, none of us likes to see somone brag like that about how he basically bought the store out of there door buster sale item. That being said, i also can't blame someone for taking an opportunity to make money. I don't understand why these stores don't put a limit on how many of these items you can buy so that all of thier customers get a chance to buy some. I saw the sale on these reels , they were $99 bucks in store at Cabelas and Dicks. I don't think I'm scum, but if I had had any extra money I would have tried to buy several of them myself and I would have auctioned them off at a latter time on ebay. I would have considered it an investment just like buying stock or buying any item at a good deal when you know you can resell it at a profit. I don't know why the guy wanted to brag about buying them, but it's the stores fault for selling them without a limit.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 12:02 AM   #7
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro reel View Post
Joe, don't blame you a bit, none of us likes to see somone brag like that about how he basically bought the store out of there door buster sale item. That being said, i also can't blame someone for taking an opportunity to make money. I don't understand why these stores don't put a limit on how many of these items you can buy so that all of thier customers get a chance to buy some. I saw the sale on these reels , they were $99 bucks in store at Cabelas and Dicks. I don't think I'm scum, but if I had had any extra money I would have tried to buy several of them myself and I would have auctioned them off at a latter time on ebay. I would have considered it an investment just like buying stock or buying any item at a good deal when you know you can resell it at a profit. I don't know why the guy wanted to brag about buying them, but it's the stores fault for selling them without a limit.
That's what I don't understand. When we had whole cuts of meat on sale at below cost to bring people in, there was always a limit put on them.
Old 12-03-11, 12:06 AM   #8
Tavery5

This guy is on a couple of other forums I participate in. His post has been met with some level of disapproval at each of those sites as well. Not sure if he is looking for someone to tell him it was OK, or if he is just looking to stir the pot.

Kinda one of them deals where you start looking at the legality vs the morality.
Old 12-03-11, 07:53 AM   #9
joedog

kenneth, thats exactly why I did a new post, I'm not apologizing to that scumbag, I'm apologizing to you and the rest of the GOOD people here. I didn't want to confuse the piece of SH_T into thinking I was apologizing to him or his wife!
Ya, think I'm over it!

pro reel, you are not scum and if I off handedly insulted you I sincerely am sorry. I strongly agree with anyone's right to make a profit as long as it dosn't cheat others. I know people, who love the sport, that drive 100 miles so they can go to a BassPro or a Cabelas. And my hunch is you wouldn't of bought 40 and than tell everyone what a piece of crap the Store Manager is for not letting you buy more.
I did this post because I was wrong (come on, you guy's must be getting use to it by now) and I regretted my actions, still do.
Had to go to my thesaurus to find words I could use to replace scum, it was like looking at a family picture album.
Sorry again everyone, maybe I still haven't learned my place, but it just pissed me off!!!
Ya, really think I'm over it!
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-11, 06:02 PM   #10
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I would need to see someone buy 40 of them in person before I would believe it and then I like to see a store that stocks that many... Not really likely.

Maybe call the guy out on it and ask him where he has them listed for sale?

Last edited by Vegasspider; 12-05-11 at 06:10 PM.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.