Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-06, 07:50 PM   #1
Stick-em
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Stick-em
Red face Put some PSBGlue on the Sinker

I had to get my two sense in here with this thread about pegging. Most will tell you that wood toothpicks and the rubber toothpicks used for pegging bullets weights won't nick line. They are correct! Ah haaaa. They actually fray lines and then that's your weak spot isn't it???

Try this some time while you're watching the tube. Rig one up and I don't care if it's your toughest braid or a co-polymer line. Peg it with what you want and while holding the sinker in one hand start to make circular motions clock or counter clockwise with your line of choice. Even with rubber toothpicks, the line is still wedged against the lead or steel sinker at some pressure point. Now throw a burr in there from the factory which there always is in there and what will happen in about 30 - 40 circular motions is, weakened and looks unusual in light or is slightly frayed.

A few Pros not only like to glue the knot but, like to glue the bullet weights to soft~baits. And, no pressure on the line against the weight and you still do have that possibility of fraying with the line and the right angle rubbing the weights.

You can still use FL rigs and touch a smidgeon of our PRO's Soft~Bait Glue on it after you've screwed it in for an even better rig. I tend to like the FL rig better than all of them but you usually sacrifice a bait that way...

Screemin' Reels no matter how you rig...

Stick~em
Stick-em is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.