Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-11, 09:08 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Angry ok people, leson to be learnt here from me

yes i said LEARNT, southern for LEARNED. now i must tell you all NOT to try this at home, i AM A PROFESSIONAL. hahaha!

ok, after NOT being able to go fishing either yesterday OR today from troubles witht he RAJUN CAJUN's WIRING AND TROLLING MOTOR PROBLEMS( won't go into this just yet). i decided to jsut get back to organizing my shop. i am sick and tired of not being able to find something i need to fix something.
so i am cleaning off one wall of clutter where i am gonna put up all the hand tools, rakes, shovels and such. there is this table i built and i wanted to save the plywood so i started to take it apart. i get to the framework and i am knocking all the nails out. actually i am hammering it apart and was gonna pull out the nails when i got it all apart. i am almost done taking it apart when i go to hammer out this last couple of nails holding it together. well i lost my balance (old age i guess, along with sweating like a pig from being tired) and misstepped.
so i quickly sat down and took off the sock and shoe to look at it. CUSS,CUSS,CUSS!!!! as loud as i could too. it hurts like a motha!! i lift up my foot.....as i turn it towards me, the blood starts coming out really good, lol. got a nice little hole in there too.
lisa comes running in the shop cause she heard me hollering and cussing. she sees me on the floor holding my foot and says "WHAT DID OYU DO? YOU CUT OFF YOUR FOOT?!". i said no baby, just stepped on a nail and it went through and in my foot. she sees the blood on the floor and starts to freak out a little. i said calm down, it's ok. not as bad as it looks baby. she ways , "we gotta go to the hospital!" i said no.....we'll go to the doctors office tomorrow. i'll be alright till then.
so here i am, soaking my foot in epson salt after cleaning it really good. gonna get a tetnus shot tomorrow. swollen up pretty good now. gonna be worse tomorrow i am sure.
now you're probably wondering where is the leson i was referring to in my title. here it is.
WHEN YOU ARE TAKING APART WOODEN STRUCTURES, PLEASE REMOVE EACH PIECE BFORE CONTINUING. IF YOU DO NOT, WHAT HAPPENED TO ME TODAY CAN HAPPEN TO YOU. NAILS DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE, THEY WILL FIND A FOOT TO GO INTO ON ANYONE.

now, i will be off work for a couple days or so. NOT the way ot take a sick day gang. would rather call in on a good day to go fishing. instead i'll be in my recliner watching some old movie and listening to some stupid soap show lisa likes for the next few days. and i'll be bugging all ya'll here too.
Old 07-17-11, 09:15 PM   #2
Top Tiger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Sorry you boogered up your foot, Buddy. I'll bet that if you were to go chase wiring tomorrow you'd forget all about a sore pin.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-11, 09:43 PM   #3
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

That sucks John... But Lisa is right about the hospital, especially if you haven't had a tetanus shot in the last 10 or so years. You should definitely go get yourself one tomorrow.

BB
Old 07-17-11, 10:00 PM   #4
Abbeysdad
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

What some fellas will do to watch some soaps!!!
Maybe next time, thumb with the hammer ;-)
Old 07-17-11, 10:01 PM   #5
keithdog

LEARNT??? That goes right along with "shut up dogs" haha Seriously though John. The quicker you have that shot and foot looked at the better. With all the good stories you have to tell, you don't want to end up with lockjaw! Lisa might not mind that too much but thats another story. hehe That is a lousy reason to have to take a couple sick days, but the rest might do you good. Maybe you can find some old Rolland Martin videos to watch. Hope your on the mend soon pal. By the way. I ate your share of the ribs at Anthonys place. Mannnn they were good!
Old 07-17-11, 10:04 PM   #6
nobass

man sorry to hear that john. seems like when it rains it pours. hope everything works out. keep the faith. better days are ahead.
Old 07-17-11, 10:04 PM   #7
WatterBoy

Ouch, Bama! Sorry to hear that. My two teen-aged nephews and I tore a sauna out of our garage up at the lake after we bought the place 3 years ago and I had a very strict rule. As soon as any piece of wood came down, all nails came out of it before any more destruction took place. Sorry to hear you learned the hard way. Hope you can still walk by tomorrow. I did something similar years ago (not nearly as bad as yours the way it sounds), and I literally couldn't walk the next day. Not fun.

Dean
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-11, 10:58 PM   #8
MississippiBoy

Poor old Bama.....first his trolling motor wouldn't work, then he steps on a nail. But on the positive side, one of his old girlfriends hears about his problems and comes over to try and cheer him up...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fashion-fail-im-all-misty-eyed.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	7005   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_21.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	7006  
Old 07-17-11, 11:17 PM   #9
bassboogieman

Darn John, you need to be more careful. Make sure you get to the doctor early tomorrow. Tetnus or just plain old infection is a risk. Soaking your foot may help, but you definitely need to see a doc. That had to hurt, but I hope everything turns out OK. Maybe Lisa should take one of those table legs - making certain there are no nails left in it, of course - and wack you a few times to drive the point home to be more careful. That may also take your mind of the pain in your foot.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-11, 11:19 PM   #10
Bassboss

lol. Sounds like a leason well leart John! Nails and feet aint to gooda friends hahah. Take it easy for now pal, you'll get some fishin in sooner or later.
Old 07-17-11, 11:44 PM   #11
carolina-rig-01

Been there John and it sucks. Only thing was I stepped on a roofing nail that was in a shingle when we were tearing a roof off. It didn't go in as deep as yours did and I had a tetanus shot not long before that so I didn't go to the Dr.

Enjoy your days off though, as much as you can anyways. Sorry to hear about your foot and I hope you and the Cajun heal quickly.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 12:28 AM   #12
bamabassman

thanks for the simpathies gang. it's pretty swollen right now. pain ain't too bad as long as i don't walk on it, lol. hopping around ain't no fun either, haha.

yes i am going in the morning to get the shot. like i said, already cleaned it out REAL GOOD. lisa thinks cause it keeps bleeding (shich wouldn't happen if i didn't hop around), the doc will put in a stitch or 2. i don't think so, but if he does, he does. again, thanks for the thoughts.

and ya'll seen the pic, don't look like much, but that's a 16 penny nail hole in my foot. as for the gal.............ol ssippiboy is looking at his old galfriends again ain't he? wonder what his wife would day? HAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Old 07-18-11, 03:42 AM   #13
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

That sucks Bama. Maybe we should chip in and get you one of those "Core Balance" bracelets. Shaq says it helps him from tripping on his big ole feet. Maybe it can lower the stumbles hahahahaha. Sorry dude, just had to poke (Mind the pun)!
Old 07-18-11, 03:54 AM   #14
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
yes i said LEARNT, southern for LEARNED. now i must tell you all NOT to try this at home, i AM A PROFESSIONAL. hahaha!

ok, after NOT being able to go fishing either yesterday OR today from troubles witht he RAJUN CAJUN's WIRING AND TROLLING MOTOR PROBLEMS( won't go into this just yet). i decided to jsut get back to organizing my shop. i am sick and tired of not being able to find something i need to fix something.
so i am cleaning off one wall of clutter where i am gonna put up all the hand tools, rakes, shovels and such. there is this table i built and i wanted to save the plywood so i started to take it apart. i get to the framework and i am knocking all the nails out. actually i am hammering it apart and was gonna pull out the nails when i got it all apart. i am almost done taking it apart when i go to hammer out this last couple of nails holding it together. well i lost my balance (old age i guess, along with sweating like a pig from being tired) and misstepped.
so i quickly sat down and took off the sock and shoe to look at it. CUSS,CUSS,CUSS!!!! as loud as i could too. it hurts like a motha!! i lift up my foot.....as i turn it towards me, the blood starts coming out really good, lol. got a nice little hole in there too.
lisa comes running in the shop cause she heard me hollering and cussing. she sees me on the floor holding my foot and says "WHAT DID OYU DO? YOU CUT OFF YOUR FOOT?!". i said no baby, just stepped on a nail and it went through and in my foot. she sees the blood on the floor and starts to freak out a little. i said calm down, it's ok. not as bad as it looks baby. she ways , "we gotta go to the hospital!" i said no.....we'll go to the doctors office tomorrow. i'll be alright till then.
so here i am, soaking my foot in epson salt after cleaning it really good. gonna get a tetnus shot tomorrow. swollen up pretty good now. gonna be worse tomorrow i am sure.
now you're probably wondering where is the leson i was referring to in my title. here it is.
WHEN YOU ARE TAKING APART WOODEN STRUCTURES, PLEASE REMOVE EACH PIECE BFORE CONTINUING. IF YOU DO NOT, WHAT HAPPENED TO ME TODAY CAN HAPPEN TO YOU. NAILS DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE, THEY WILL FIND A FOOT TO GO INTO ON ANYONE.

now, i will be off work for a couple days or so. NOT the way ot take a sick day gang. would rather call in on a good day to go fishing. instead i'll be in my recliner watching some old movie and listening to some stupid soap show lisa likes for the next few days. and i'll be bugging all ya'll here too.
About the only soap left is the Young and the Restless. Yes.. I watch it. When I grow up I wanna be Victor Newman!!

Hope the foot heals quick Bama!
Old 07-18-11, 03:16 PM   #15
bamabassman

ok, went to the doctor today. he looked it, poke it, prodded around the swollen area. said "no infection". said lisa did a great job of cleaning it. i said yessir she sure did. got a tetnus shot, he then slapped a bandaid onit. no stitches needed he said. BUT i am off work for at least 3 days. maybe longer if needed. so here i am..........BORED outta my mind already. lol. can't walk much, and gonna take a nap...............
Old 07-18-11, 03:35 PM   #16
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Time to take a trip and hobble around BPS!

BB
Old 07-18-11, 03:46 PM   #17
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Time to take a trip and hobble around BPS!

BB
Screw walking...You take out the electric cart!...Glad to hear everything is better John!!...You'll be back on your feet in no time..Pun intended.
Old 07-18-11, 04:51 PM   #18
bassboogieman

WalMart Speedracers - maybe IF they WALKED just a LITTLE BIT, they wouldn't be so FAT!

Good news "Bama, glad to hear the doc cleared you with ony a tetnus shot.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 07-18-11 at 05:01 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 05:29 PM   #19
bamabassman

you guys ain't gonna believer this BUT............we went to wally world after the doctors visit. and YES.....i rode in one of these the whole time we were there. there was this fella who looked at me with disgust because he had to move his cart over to the side so i could pass by. i jsut smiled and said "thank you friend, it's hard to walk around with a nail hole in oyur foot." he then said,"you stepped on a nail?" i said,"yeah, went almost cmpletly through too, rusty as all get out it was." he then laughed and said, "yeah.......been there, done that myself."

ya'll..i wish now i had taken a picture of me riding around on that thing. ya'll would have busted a gut laughing i am sure. lisa thought it was funny too. i almost ran her over a coupe of times. she tends to stop without notice. she LEARNT real quick though. lol! she stayed on one side of the aisle and i on the other. we had a good time at ol wally world. the little old ladies (door greeters) didn't think it was funny so much, kept giving me the stink eye. i didn't care, had fun doing it and might go again just to ride around on one again. see what happens. if i do, i'll take pictures of it.
Old 07-18-11, 05:40 PM   #20
Bassboss

lmao! Pictures are definitely needed, hahaha! But I'm glad everything's ok and ya aint got no infection.
Old 07-18-11, 06:01 PM   #21
keithdog

Ohhhhh how I wish you had pics from today. Laughing so hard here. Sounds like nurse Lisa took good care of your foot. Glad your going to be ok. Was just about ready to head down there with my pocket knife.
Old 07-18-11, 08:58 PM   #22
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
you guys ain't gonna believer this BUT............we went to wally world after the doctors visit. and YES.....i rode in one of these the whole time we were there. there was this fella who looked at me with disgust because he had to move his cart over to the side so i could pass by. i jsut smiled and said "thank you friend, it's hard to walk around with a nail hole in oyur foot." he then said,"you stepped on a nail?" i said,"yeah, went almost cmpletly through too, rusty as all get out it was." he then laughed and said, "yeah.......been there, done that myself."

ya'll..i wish now i had taken a picture of me riding around on that thing. ya'll would have busted a gut laughing i am sure. lisa thought it was funny too. i almost ran her over a coupe of times. she tends to stop without notice. she LEARNT real quick though. lol! she stayed on one side of the aisle and i on the other. we had a good time at ol wally world. the little old ladies (door greeters) didn't think it was funny so much, kept giving me the stink eye. i didn't care, had fun doing it and might go again just to ride around on one again. see what happens. if i do, i'll take pictures of it.
With the luck you've had with the RAJUN CAJUN lately, I'm surprised your electric cart didn't die in some dark corner of the store somewhere!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 08:59 PM   #23
Embrey
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i did that last year...lol. the board just got sprayed with diesel fuel and i hate doctors, so i rode it out and went on with it...im still alive,lol.
Embrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 04:08 AM   #24
1/4 stick

When I worked graveyard stocking grocieries, we used to race those things on lunch break. Good times!!
Old 07-19-11, 01:05 PM   #25
3dkicker

Good to hear that you went to the doc......some serious problems can occur with puncture wounds. I'd have to disagree a little with the doc and the no infection diagnosis. Deep punctue wounds can be nasty. Pain and swelling will let you know!!!! If it's not improving get back in....don't wait. But I'm sure Lisa will make sure you get in.
No tendon or nerve damage??? You're lucky!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.