Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-11, 05:17 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Angry emils sent by me are not from me

i don't know if the scamers got into my email here or on facebook gang. but if oyu recieve and email from me, DO NOT OPEN. it is not from me. so sorry some of oyu have already gotten 1 or 2. i may delete my facebook account and get with kevin about changing my password here too. sorry gang. lisa and i were at the doctors offices all day today. so i wasn't even home to send any out. when i got home, I GOT ONE. so sorry for the inconvenance folks.
Old 07-06-11, 06:03 PM   #2
keithdog

Thats "almost" as bad as Auburn stomping Bama. haha For real though man. Computers, lov'em and hat'em! I hope everythings ok regarding the doctors visit.
Old 07-06-11, 08:16 PM   #3
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Happened to me - twice. Seems those azzholes think sending crap emails that you might think are from a bud is funny. I fail to see the humor or what can possibly be gained by doing that, other than they must be demented. Shame they cannot really be identified and spend 5 minutes in a locked room with me, with a size 31 Cabela's AGM battery and a set of jumper cables......................
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 06:33 PM   #4
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

I knew right away they were fake. There were pics of big Bass in em!
They both looked pretty suspicious, so I didn't open either of em
Old 07-12-11, 03:48 PM   #5
3dkicker

Got the same issue myself. Been going on for the past month. Hacked my Earthlink account and have my addresses. I've changed my password, scanned my computer multiple times with multiple programs, and deleted all contacts from my address book. Friends have been getting spam emails from me 4-8 times a week. Called Earthlink today and told them either they fix the problem at their end or I cancel my account with them.....I've been told it should be fixed within 24 hours.
Old 07-13-11, 08:47 PM   #6
1/4 stick

I had a simular issue with my yahoo account. My gf was talking to him on yahoo IM while talking to me on msn IM and thought I was just messing with her talking to her from both. That's how I found out it was hacked. She says, "Have a nice shower."
I said, "What shower? You trying to say I stink?"
She says, "You just said you were gonna take a shower."
I said, "No I didn't."
She says, "yeah you did on yahoo."
I said "I aint signed into yahoo in a month."
She says, "You're bs'in me"
I said, "No"
She says, "OMG!!"
She claims that's all they said to each other, but I'm thinkin she gave him a good ole time thinkin it was me.

lol... Not really funny, but the way it happened, now that I got it straightened out, it is sortta. I tease her every now and then about having dirty talk with other guys on yahoo. She swears she didn't, but... I don't know.
Old 07-14-11, 01:49 PM   #7
Captmikestarrett

Here is how it happens.
You get an email from an old friend with a strange subject in the header.
You open it and there is a link with no text to describe it.
You click on it and nothing happens. Some people click on twice and three times.. still nothing happens.
Keylogger is installed and the mail client that captures your contacts. In most cases the keylogger fails to ftp to awaiting server. Cut off in the cloud after ip is reported.

Then you reboot and an email with all your contacts is sent from your computer to group of email addys. That is how they get your contacts. They forge your name and spam your contacts.

Or the email client acts as you and spams all your contacts and deletes the sent messages.

But wait it gets better.. the hook is in and the fake mail client will now relay spam on your behalf.

Capt Mike
Old 07-14-11, 06:14 PM   #8
bamabassman

than you capt. youare correct. i done got a few from ol mallermanson now. i jsut wonder what is the payoff for this? i mean....is it just for kicks? makes oyu wana sigh and say get a life jerk (fill in the blank) ______!
Old 07-15-11, 03:02 PM   #9
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
than you capt. youare correct. i done got a few from ol mallermanson now. i jsut wonder what is the payoff for this? i mean....is it just for kicks? makes oyu wana sigh and say get a life jerk (fill in the blank) ______!
There's several ways to get a pay off from that. First, as much as everyone hates spam, it's amazing how many people go to and check out what that spam email that eventually comes has to offer, and will often spend money. The unsavory affililiate that sent out the spam has his code in the link and get's credited for clicks and sale and get a commision of that.

And of course, there's those that get their kicks from spreading virises and that's one way to get their trojans around.

Plus, there all sorts of shady companis that buy and sell email addresses and getting them from your contacts is one way to get real email addresses.

I'm sure there's other reasons too.
Old 07-15-11, 03:02 PM   #10
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
There's several ways to get a pay off from that. First, as much as everyone hates spam, it's amazing how many people go to and check out what that spam email that eventually comes has to offer, and will often spend money. The unsavory affililiate that sent out the spam has his code in the link and get's credited for clicks and sale and get a commision of that.

And of course, there's those that get their kicks from spreading virises and that's one way to get their trojans around.

Plus, there all sorts of shady companis that buy and sell email addresses and getting them from your contacts is one way to get real email addresses.

I'm sure there's other reasons too.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.