Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-08, 08:12 PM   #1
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Unhappy Bad Start

It was nice around noon today so I figured I would take my boat out for the first time of the year to shake it down and get ready for opening day in a couple weeks. I started it on muffs last weekend and blew out the fogging oil since I didn't want to blast that crap into the lake and everything seemed fine. So I backed her into the water and the motor fired right up and I pulled off the trailer and beached her and shut it down. Parked the truck and fired it back up again and idled down the channel to the lake, about 1/8 mile. I got onto the lake and BZZZZZZZZZ!!! SH%#$$^$%^$%^OOT!!!!
I saw that there was no water pressure on the gauge when I started it up, but there was water coming from the pee stream so I figured the gauge was sticking and it would be O.K. when I went above idle. I was wrong. There was still some water coming from the pee-er ( family friendly) but I shut it down immediately. I checked the intakes and they were clean so I took it back to the trailer on using the TM and took it home.

The intakes look clean as far as I can see up in there. I do have an appointment next Friday at the dealer but if I can fix it sooner then it is better. It is a 2006 (on an 07 boat, one year of use) VMax 150 carb. I never once even bumped the motor without water running to it. I am going to go try to blast air backwards down the pee-er ( kind of like that term now) to see if that can clear anything up.
The only thing worse than waiting to be on the water was getting out there for 5 minutes only to turn right back around and come home. Any other suggestions?
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.