Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-10, 03:32 PM   #1
Abbeysdad
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
It's an addiction, and I'm also addicted. My tackle grows every year it's to the point now to where I really dont know what all I have.
Glad to see some objective honesty!
Fact is that a passion/obsession can lead us to acquire more tackle than we could possibly use in the illusion that more, better tackle catches more fish.
Eventually we can have so many baits that will ever see any water...and baits that never see water will never catch any fish - but we still buy more cause we think we need it.
But like I said, if you got the money to spare you can grow the collection!
Old 01-31-10, 03:42 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbeysdad View Post
Fact is that a passion/obsession can lead us to acquire more tackle than we could possibly use in the illusion that more, better tackle catches more fish.
Eventually we can have so many baits that will ever see any water...and baits that never see water will never catch any fish - but we still buy more cause we think we need it.

Abbey...you're still missing the point. Most of the tackle hoarders aren't under the impression they "need" it. The just LIKE it. Nothing more complicated than that. It's like baseball cards for big boys.
Old 01-31-10, 06:52 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbeysdad View Post
I promised myself I was done with this pointless arguement because you are just going to be right no matter what, but here is my last attempt at making my point:

So how many of a certain lure in a certain color do you keep? I keep at least 5 of every crankbait I carry in every color I use. I also keep spares in my garage so when I lose a few I can replace them that night because I may be in a situation where I am pre-fishing for a tournament and not have time to run to Bass Pro or wait for an order to get to my house before the tournament. I do this with everything I use not just crankbaits because when you are fishing for money there is no excuse in losing your last of any bait because it might cost you a lot of money at the weigh-in. So because a bait is on a wall in my garage today doesn't mean it won't be in the mouth of a fish next week, but I may not have the time to go buy it when I need it so why not keep it on hand.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.