Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-09, 05:33 PM   #1
motorhead0320
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 1974 ranger project

Firgured I would start a thread and post pics of my progress as I go.

1974 ranger
1979 70hp evinrude
bought for 550 on trailer

A few weeks ago I bought this boat. First thing was to get the motor running and then see if it floats. Their is some rapair work that has already been done to the front underside so i was a little nervous. After two days trying to get it running i took it out. Cranked right up when i got there but then motor died in the middle of the lake. Found out the winch on the trailer didnt work.

Today I started really working on it. Turnes out i really needed a better battery to get this motor running. Picked up an interstate 1000mca. Started on the first try. Also cut out the front post to give my self so more standing room on the front. I also began the long process of removing the old glue from the previuos carpet. This is going to be a bigger project than I thought. Also cut off the hand winch on the trailer and installed a new one along with new trailer lights.

I do not plan on restoring, just fixing it up a bit. My plan is to install new carpet. I plan to fill the million holes on the top rails and use a spray bedliner for that area. I have no idea how to make the front underside look better. The repair job is pretty freaking ugly.

Anyway. Here are the first pics.

motorhead0320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.