Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-12, 10:37 PM   #11
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Well I will readily admit that this post went about 3 1/2 more pages than I expected before it got out of hand LOL.

Doc, I can appreciate your situation and I not only wish you didn't have to go through it but I admire you working as hard as you do to provide for your family. As I said earlier, I have no problem with people that need help getting it. Whether it's in the form of a government issued check or small charities, I think that helping people who need it is a responsibilty we all should shoulder. However I also believe that something has to be done to make it more difficult for people to abuse the system. Too many people would rather sit on their asses and draw a government check when they are perfectly able to get a job and earn an honest days pay if they would do it. You certainly don't sound to me like you fall in this catagory and I am glad your son is able to get the assistance he deserves. Now if we could do away with all the people who are abusing the system, the people who need help could get it and the tax payers would still notice less money being held out of their checks (as long as the government didn't come up with another place to spend that money. Hey a guy can dream can't he?).

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.