Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-12, 06:10 PM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'm betting it will be more summer pattern than spring. If things keep going like they are (warm) probably mid-70's surface temps. I am definitely thinking more towards fishing like it was first or second week of June, not early May. The thing that I'm concerned with is around mid-June most of the smallmouth fishing centers around fishing at night - which I do not do. Early morning bite or evening bite may be the best, with the afternoon action not so hot. But who knows, it they draw water to generate electricity, the fish will likely respond to that.

Whole new thing for me, as I don't fish deep water and prefer to fish grass. Dale is deep and not much in the way of vegetation, so I have a whole new way of fishing to deal with. What I am concerned about is the lack of grass - same a Wheeler last year, I had a tough time finding fish. I'm hoping for better fishing this year at the Hollow, but fishing in a manner that is not familiar, may be a bit frustrating. We'll see.

When are you comming in Daniel? Are you comming for the whole week? If not, we may have a handle on it by the time you arrive - then again, maybe not.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 09:16 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
When are you comming in Daniel? Are you comming for the whole week? If not, we may have a handle on it by the time you arrive - then again, maybe not
I'm leaving here Thursday morning, so I should be there sometime that afternoon, hopefully early enough to get a little time out on the water.
Old 04-12-12, 09:25 PM   #3
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'm going to do my best to have a few good spots mapped out and verified with my sonar ready to go for our weekenders when they get there.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.