Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-07, 07:02 PM   #1
adamgambill
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER View Post
Hmmmm cam swap. Are we doing this to gain some performance or did the lobes go soft on ya. Man I LOVE putting performance back in a vehicle. Nuttin like hearing the deep growl of a finely tuned motor and saying "I DID IT" ........Only one thing better than that and thats drooping the throttle on a V6 Merc on a crisp morning and getting that ch** eating grin as you and a buddy head out to a fishing spot. IT DONT GET NO BETTER
Ya need any tips of help on the cam swap give a holler.....thats right up my alley.
Naw just kidding around about the help. The LS1 is a beast to tackle as the heads will come off, the cover oil pan - everything but the block comes off. Im going with what would be considered a "radical RV cam". Should give gains somewhere around 35-40 RWHP. Itll be in the summer before I get after it. Toying with having the block bored to 5.7L from 5.3 size I think 4", putting in a set of flat tops and some ported heads-we'll see what the wallet can handle. But no my 5.3 is still running strong at 174,000 rough miles. I drive alot of highway but beat the hell out of her too. Thank Heaven for Royal Purple.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.