Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-07, 10:59 PM   #1
WallStreetAmigo
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Quick question about boating

My wife bought me a 12' aluminum boat for my birthday, so now I can at least get out on the water more often. The first problem is that I have to have a way to launch the boat by myself. The second problem is that most of the places I fish do not have boat launches of any kind. To access the water, I park my truck and trailer by the road and hand bomb my boat down to the water and then back up to my truck when I'm done fishing. This is okay when my brother is fishing with me but I could never do it on my own. As you can see, point 1 and 2 seem to contradict one another.

My wife found a solution that I am hoping will work. She had my kids buy me a set of launching wheels that attach to the boat. This will make walking the boat down to the water and back much easier I hope. Now comes my questions:

I am new to boating, and do not know much at all. These launching wheels ride in tracks that I have to permanently bolt to the transom of my boat. When I install these, two of the bolt holes will be below the water line of the boat. I am wondering what I need to do to make sure they won't leak (preferably before I start drilling holes in the transom....). Is there anything I should seal them with or will the tightened bolts themselves do the trick? Any other insight on how to properly install these would be appreciated. Again, I am a total boating newbie but I know enough to know that I don't want to sink my boat....lol. For further info, the boat has an all aluminum transom.

Thanks for the help.
WallStreetAmigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.