Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-12, 09:30 AM   #1
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'll confess I'm disappointed in some here. Whining, Complaining and name calling...

Didn't mean to add to that if I did. I was trying to defend, on what I believed, were character/personal attacks on Doc...a man that I know no more than NFE himself. I felt the jabs were unwarranted and that none of us can understand his situation unless we have been there ourselves.

Dogmatic and I were just having a friendly conversation...I take nothing personal out of what and how he is arguing his point.

I will desist from here...mainly b/c I want to have a few friends left on this site.

Good day everyone!
Old 07-13-12, 10:45 AM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

For all you liberal Democrats - who rail away at Republicans, that the Democrat propagandists like to say want to take away Social Security:

Notice in the above pie chart Social Security represents 1/5 of the Federal Budget. It was not intended, at inception, to be a part of the Federal Budget so how did it get in there? If you can say the Democrats are not thieves, then you have lost touch with reality.

Social Security was envisioned by President Franklin Roosevelt in the latter 1930's - YES a Democrat and a damn good one - and was known then as the Social Security Insruance Program (italics added). It was to be funded by employee and employeer contributions (tax) into a TRUST FUND and NOT be used for general spending. It was devised as an INSURANCE program, not WELFARE for the elderly. Payments were based on earnings, ie: the more you earned the more you paid AND the more you got back upon retirement. Those that pay in (this is important, for later) will get paid back at retirement. There was also a cap on earnings subject to the SS Tax. Great concept and it would be self sustaining today IF not for a few "tweaks".

In the mid-1960's President Lyndon Johnson - a Democrat - with support from the (then) Democratic Congress, took (STOLE) the Social Security Trust Fund and moved it into the General Fund (placing it in the pie chart above) to fund his "Great Society" and expand Welfare and help fund the Vietnam War. Social Security begins the road to ruin.

About 10 years later, Presiden Jimmy Carter - a Democrat - again with support from a Democratic Congress ammended Social Security to allow ANYONE, including NON-US citizens, that never paid a nickel into it collect Social Security benifits. They called it "Supplemental Social Security". WTF, and WTH pays for that?

1985, President Bill Clinton - a Democrat - with yet agian support from a Democratic Congress, but more importantly his V.P. Al Gore, slap a tax on Social Security benifits, initiating a tax on up to 85% of the Socail Security benifit. NEVERMIND the fact that contributers already paid tax on the money going into Social Security. This tweak was accomplished only after a hard fought battle in Congress, with even a few Democratic Congressmen seeing this was wrong and joining in opposition. It only passed after VP Al Gore - a Democrat, with later Presidential hopes - cast the deciding TIE-BREAKING vote.

I've seen a few call Social Security a PONZI SCHEME, that would be an somewhat accurate description, but one fostered by the Democrats.

The Republicans, on the other hand, have been warning for years that fraud, corruption, and expansion of benifits (free) to those that do not contribute to the program will bankrupt the system. THEY ARE CORRECT.

Currenty, there is more money going out then is comming in. It doesn't take an economist, CPA, or anyone with other than a minimum understanding of arithmatic to see the eventuality. Who is to blame for the dilemma afflicting Social Security today - none other then the Democratic give-away-artists. Had LBJ not stuck that huge nose of his into Social Securtiy and given precident for his Democratic successors to meddle with the original concept, there would be NO problem with the program. It would be solvent and self-sufficient.

The Democrats still haven't learned you CANNOT take money and give it away without limits or boundaries. The Democratic symbol of the Donkey is so appropriate, but the Jolly Roger flag could also be.

Back to the pie chart, had it not been for the theiving Democrats that orange slice would not be there. More importantly those funds could be used to expand the other slices of the pie that do need it. If you add up all the slices intended for "social programs" (SS, Medicare, Medicaid and Low-Income Assistance) it adds up to just under 47% of the Federal Budget.

Social Security, as originally intended, was not to be part of the Federal expense sheet (I think FDR knew what would happen and took steps for Social Security to be independant and untouchable for purposes other than a return on the investment of contributers) and it has become a huge slice of the pie. All due to a few Democratic fiddlings with a trust fund and turning it into a slush fund at the expense of every individual who has ever contributed towards Social Secutity hoping for their DUE supplement to their retirement years. I understand the disallusionment of the younger generation who have to pay into a system they see as not being available to repay them upon retirement. But at the same time, fail to see why they (generally) support the Democratic Party who has taken that away form them and will take more, if the opportunity presents itself.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 07-13-12 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-13-12, 12:20 PM   #3
joedog

Ok I lied, I'm back.
I want to know something very very important to me.
I've been eating these really really good cherries and I want to know, can I try and plant the seeds to grow or during the process of getting the fruit ready for market are the reproducing qualities destroyed.
Got a great apple tree, have a small pear tree, that to my amazement puts out huge amount of really sweet pears and I got a cherry tree.
The cherry tree has always produced but the cherries flat out stink, so I want at it again and instead of ordering from a book I thought why not find some I like and try and grow them.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Old 07-13-12, 12:28 PM   #4
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Joe, very subtle of you.

Actually, I think Abbeysdad is probably a good person to ask, as he is or has been involved in organic gardening I think (if memory serves).

We had some argument a while back about Wal-Mart produce or something.

My guess is they might be irradiated or something to keep you from growing your own. You can always put a couple of stones in a pot and see if they sprout.
Old 07-13-12, 01:18 PM   #5
joedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Joe, very subtle of you.

Actually, I think Abbeysdad is probably a good person to ask, as he is or has been involved in organic gardening I think (if memory serves).

We had some argument a while back about Wal-Mart produce or something.

My guess is they might be irradiated or something to keep you from growing your own. You can always put a couple of stones in a pot and see if they sprout.
Last time I planted 'my stones' I ended up with a son.....not willing to take that chance again!
Thanks for the input Bryce!
Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 07-13-12, 12:24 PM   #6
BassinBandit

Wow, I mean wow. I can not believe where this thread has gone. I hate politics because of this. We all know that the government is terrible right now and has been but reading over this thread has made me realize why. Its sad just truly sad. There are some things I agree that No Fear has said and a lot I don't, the same goes MO CPA, BassBoogie, Abbys, and many others but the fact that this has turned into a being fest of name calling and arguing shows where the problem is. People refuse to compermise and come to agreements. They are stubborn and steadfast that their way is the only way ( I can but both of these so I am not calling anyone out). This is the reason why this country is in the mess that it is in. I will be doing a write in vote next time for Penn Jillette. That is all
Old 07-13-12, 01:15 PM   #7
MO_CPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinBandit View Post
Wow, I mean wow. I can not believe where this thread has gone. I hate politics because of this. We all know that the government is terrible right now and has been but reading over this thread has made me realize why. Its sad just truly sad. There are some things I agree that No Fear has said and a lot I don't, the same goes MO CPA, BassBoogie, Abbys, and many others but the fact that this has turned into a being fest of name calling and arguing shows where the problem is. People refuse to compermise and come to agreements. They are stubborn and steadfast that their way is the only way ( I can but both of these so I am not calling anyone out). This is the reason why this country is in the mess that it is in. I will be doing a write in vote next time for Penn Jillette. That is all
People have been arguing over politics for ever Bandit. If anything, you can say that the situation has improved...mere jabs may be one thing but I don't see another Hamilton - Burr incident in the works here.
Old 07-13-12, 01:42 PM   #8
BassinBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO_CPA View Post
People have been arguing over politics for ever Bandit. If anything, you can say that the situation has improved...mere jabs may be one thing but I don't see another Hamilton - Burr incident in the works here.

Actually what I was hoping for was to settle WWE style, 8 man tornado tag, falls count any where, tables ladders and chairs match. I will ref it should be fun
Old 07-13-12, 01:56 PM   #9
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinBandit View Post
Actually what I was hoping for was to settle WWE style, 8 man tornado tag, falls count any where, tables ladders and chairs match. I will ref it should be fun
Bassin, you and I in a wrestling ring is a scary thought.
Old 07-13-12, 04:52 PM   #10
BassinBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Bassin, you and I in a wrestling ring is a scary thought.

I am ref you will be the one in the singlet!
Old 07-13-12, 12:24 PM   #11
MO_CPA

Dang, I am ready for the Christmas in July thread to be the most popular on the site.
Old 07-13-12, 02:37 PM   #12
MississippiBoy

I'll sell tickets to that......I bet we could make some money on it.
Old 07-13-12, 04:22 PM   #13
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
I'll sell tickets to that......I bet we could make some money on it.
What's this we ****--MY SON MY MONEY
Old 07-13-12, 02:39 PM   #14
MO_CPA

I'd hate to go LEEEEROY JENKINS!!!! on you all.
Old 07-13-12, 02:52 PM   #15
MO_CPA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zUCPyv3028 , for those that don't get the reference.
Old 07-13-12, 04:16 PM   #16
bassinbob

We'll see how many votes the Democrats get in my state, Pa. now that there is voter id required. I've worked in the same place for 12 years now. I see the same people come in and use welfare to purchase their food. Most of them are able bodied. It's sickening to see these people spending money that should go to those in real need. Most of them buy steak, lobster, shrimp and other high priced items. It's all races too. Some of them have multiple cards (welfare cards similiar to credit cards so they are not ebarrassed using welfare).
Old 07-13-12, 07:48 PM   #17
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
We'll see how many votes the Democrats get in my state, Pa. now that there is voter id required...
Yeah because "voter fraud" was so prevalent in our state...

Wasn't that the intent of the law in PA(and other states too)?

I'll bet Willard still gets spanked by at least 5 points!
What does it say about a candidate and his party, when the only way they can win is by limiting the number of voters, and subverting democracy?

Last edited by Dogmatic; 07-13-12 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-13-12, 05:30 PM   #18
nobass

for the first time i am ashame to be a member of this site. the level of this topic as hit rock bottom. the name calling, the lack of compassion for your fellow man , i consider my self a free thinker and fairily open minded person . but some people should realy feel proud of themselfs. you are all displaying the traits of the people who are running the country. . i have two question one for nfe and one for dog.
1. i draw a paycheck and have free medical insurance from the govt. that you are all paying for i i have not paid one red cent into other than my taxes 40% percent of it is taxt free dose that make me a '' MOOCHER"

2. it was mentioned that you won the lottery did you keep the money / or give it back to ss.

i will make no comment on the subject of this topic as i have my own opinion on how things should be done and if i stated them i would proably be visited by the f b i.

so come on guys lets act like grown men and leave the name calling to the politians
Old 07-13-12, 05:52 PM   #19
nofearengineer

Don, you're a vet and frankly, probably deserve better medical coverage than the fed gives you. You earned it as far as I'm concerned.
Old 07-13-12, 07:55 PM   #20
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobass View Post
for the first time i am ashame to be a member of this site. the level of this topic as hit rock bottom. the name calling, the lack of compassion for your fellow man , i consider my self a free thinker and fairily open minded person . but some people should realy feel proud of themselfs. you are all displaying the traits of the people who are running the country. . i have two question one for nfe and one for dog.
1. i draw a paycheck and have free medical insurance from the govt. that you are all paying for i i have not paid one red cent into other than my taxes 40% percent of it is taxt free dose that make me a '' MOOCHER"

2. it was mentioned that you won the lottery did you keep the money / or give it back to ss.
lol, I'm not sure if your serious with this or not. I was just meaning that I did nothing wrong to have a child with cp, I won the lottery as in 1 in 500 kids are born with cp, I was that lucky one. Got a good chuckle out of that
i will make no comment on the subject of this topic as i have my own opinion on how things should be done and if i stated them i would proably be visited by the f b i.

so come on guys lets act like grown men and leave the name calling to the politians
"2. it was mentioned that you won the lottery did you keep the money / or give it back to ss."

lol, I'm not sure if your serious with this or not. I was just meaning that I did nothing wrong to have a child with cp, I won the lottery as in 1 in 500 kids are born with cp, I was that lucky one. Got a good chuckle out of that
Old 07-13-12, 05:59 PM   #21
Abbeysdad

Shame on all you girls having PMS!
Old 07-13-12, 06:16 PM   #22
joedog

Abbeysdad, so any help on the cherry tree?
I really do want to grow one with good fruit.
Old 07-13-12, 06:24 PM   #23
Abbeysdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Abbeysdad, so any help on the cherry tree?
I really do want to grow one with good fruit.
My expertise was with organically grown vegetables. I planted some fruit trees but the deer felt they were for them!
I do know that cherry's are odd in that another species is often required to cross pollinate. There are many varieties to choose from. If you have cherries you like, go ahead and plant pits in pots and see if they'll sprout - nothing ventured, nothing gained.
If they do, plant in the ground in the fall. Be sure to protect from critters.

Edit: My bad, I should have written another variety rather than species.

Last edited by Abbeysdad; 07-14-12 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-13-12, 06:33 PM   #24
joedog

Thanks Abbeysdad!
Old 07-13-12, 06:57 PM   #25
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Nobass, what question was for me?
Closed Thread

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.