Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-16, 07:29 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

[QUOTE=mikechell;417776]Keith, that charger will work well, as long as you monitor it. I don't think they automatically reduce charging current as the battery charges up. They just keep running until the electrolyte boils.
A fully charged battery can sit on a shelf for about 2 months or so in winter temps. A month or so in indoor temps. If you put it on the charger for an hour or so each month, all Winter, the battery will be good to go for Spring ... and last for a very long time.[/QU
Actually, the model I am looking at has a microprocessor that says it will monitor the batteries charge and switch to float mode, maintain, as soon as the battery is full.
Old 07-01-16, 11:10 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Keith, if you can find one that both charges and maintains-set it and forget it-would be my recommendation. When I first got my boat I upgraded the on board charger. The old one was still good so I mounted it on some scrap 2x4s I had and used it for the cranking battery. I just added clips in place of the eyelets the on board charger. I guess what I am trying to say is you can get an on-board charger, just don't mount it on the boat. Take the battery out, hook up and plug it in-set it and forget it
Old 07-05-16, 08:29 AM   #3
mikechell
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Actually, the model I am looking at has a microprocessor that says it will monitor the batteries charge and switch to float mode, maintain, as soon as the battery is full.
That's what you want. Sounds like a perfect system for boat batteries.
mikechell is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.