Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-12, 10:57 PM   #1
oglejust
BassFishin.Com Active Member

caught my first fish deep tonight, was a short 11inch fish on a shakey head, was my first catch on a shakey head as well. caught in 8ft of water, feel like its a big accomplishment, its a big boost in confidence thats for sure
oglejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 06:42 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglejust View Post
caught my first fish deep tonight, was a short 11inch fish on a shakey head, was my first catch on a shakey head as well. caught in 8ft of water, feel like its a big accomplishment, its a big boost in confidence thats for sure
Way to go Ogle! Many more are soon to follow I'm sure, plus some bigger ones!
Old 06-06-12, 11:49 AM   #3
merc1997

Smile

Quote:
i have to laugh just a bit. first off glad you caught an off-shore bass. the more you do it, the easier it will become. once you get a picture in your mind of what is under the water, it will be as if you are fishing on dry land and can see everything. the reason that i had to laugh just a bit is that here on table rock, 8 ft. is shallow!! keep at it, bigger bass will be coming your way.

bo
merc1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 10:00 PM   #4
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Hey OJ way to go!... deep is in the eye of the beholder. For the first 20+ yrs of my fishing any water that would float your hat was an abyss. Before you know it you'll be making long casts just to fish vertical!

^^^Sometimes depth is it's own cover....don't rule out that 18' water.
We all know fish seek out edges/breaks/etc. The surface of the water is itself an appealing edge the bass use to their advantage(if they chase a baitfish to the top, where else can they run?) same thing goes for the bottom (structure or not) their prey has runout of room!

Last edited by kennethdaysale; 06-06-12 at 10:05 PM.
kennethdaysale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 10:07 PM   #5
oglejust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Hey OJ way to go!... deep is in the eye of the beholder. For the first 20+ yrs of my fishing any water that would float your hat was an abyss. Before you know it you'll be making long casts just to fish vertical!

^^^Sometimes depth is it's own cover....don't rule out that 18' water.
rather then to cast into the middle of the lake and hope something is there for no reason ill probably just sign my life away on a 998 si combo, cept then ill have a $1700 fish finder and still wont know how to use it haha
oglejust is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.