Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-07, 09:03 PM   #8
Riverrat
BassFishin.Com Member

Thumbs up Spinnerbait help

I have made hundreds of custom spinnerbaits. The sky is the limit with ideas. Smaller blades hevier weights for burning the bait. Bigger blades smaller heads for more lift, slow rolling your bait. I knew nothing about building them or why certain blades work for flash and others for more vibration when I started. I just threw what I saw every body else throwing. Here are a few things to get ya started. You can buy the premolded heads from Barlows, Stamina, and several others. You can buy molds and the parts and make everthing your self. I would suggest buying your skirts to start, making your own skirts is fairly easy but the posibilites are endless for colors. Unless you are a pro going all over I think you can get away with three main colors of skirts. White, Black, Chart/white. Blades next. Willow baldes produce more flash than vibration. Colorado baldes produce mor vib then flash. Ind are about in the middle. Yes there are other blades but these are the most popular. I run silver blades on white skirts when clear water and sunny. Overcast or dark water Black bait with gold blades. If it's sunny and stained water like you see on Southern Champlain, I will run White skirt and Gold baldes. Gold blades produce more flash in low light conditions and silver more flash when bright. I know people will argue with me but, you don't need huge color selections of skirts. Blades on the other hand I carry alot of sizes of the listed styles and basic colors. Do I think colored blades make a difference? Yes. Thats a whole different animal. Pick a few make them and fish them. The most important thing you can do is FISH THEM. Learn for your self on the water why the baits do what they do. I have caught bass on spinnerbaits in water just above freezing all the way to hottest days of summer. Hope this helps. Just fish and learn. Look at Tackleunderground.com Tons of info.
Rip their lips off!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.