Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-08, 05:28 AM   #24
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Mr. Robertme,
Can I suggest a solution to a old problem. Before you really get done rewiring make it easy on yourself. If only costs a few dollars......around 20 right off the top of my head. Run 2 wires up to your console (underneath of course). One of them goes to the negative side and becomes a central port for all connections now and the future. The other being one connected to your positive side of the battery and the other end going to a fuse panel. They can be had for around10 bucks or so. Now you only have the engine wires and those 2 cables running up through the maze AND you will have an easy access place for future hookups or a easier access if something goes wrong. Electronics such as your depth finders should have a 3 amp fuse and NO MORE. Everything else will be using a 10 amp unless specified otherwise form the manufacturer. Trust me this is the way to go.
The fuse panel will have a strip that is connected at one end and have a larger terminal for the power wire. I STROBGLY suggest using what I use. 6 gauge wire for both the neg. and the positive. It will carry sufficent amps to the negative port and positive fuse panel.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.