Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-12, 11:20 AM   #11
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
What "some People" do not understand is the financial burden caring for someone with a disability is like.
Oh, I understand it perfectly. What I don't understand is how you think I'm somehow obligated to help. I help a lot of people you don't know about, and I'd rather not go into it, because I don't do it to score popularity points like some Democrat politician. I feel guilty even bringing it up.

Quote:
To say that because I won the lottery and have a child with CP (1 in 500 chance by the way.) My family should suffer
What you're saying is because you "hit the lottery", other people should suffer. And, yes, I do feel that having my money taken from me at a point of a gun is suffering. The 5 extra years I'll have to spend working, rather than retiring and actually enjoying the fruits of my labor will definitely be suffering. I'm already anticipating how you'll hate me for comparing my having to work extra to the suffering of your kid. Well, if working extra is no big deal, then why don't you get off of the computer and get a third or fourth job to pay the bills yourself? Or daresay, get some private charity to help? Because you'd rather have others pay for it without having to be grateful. You ***** and moan about the hoops you have to jump through to get $250,000 bills paid for. You ought to be be doing cartwheels. LOL...I jump through hoops every day of my life to get the bills paid for. Welcome to the real world.

Oh, and Boogie...don't bother ruining a good argument by throwing in facts.

Quote:
It's alot easier to call everyone mooches, and lazy until it effects you directly.
It's also easy to call the people picking up the tab greedy and evil, until you pick up the tab yourself.

Again, you play your sick kid like some kind of trump card. There is obviously no level of taxation on others that would cause you shame or even concern. You only worry about your problems.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.