Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-06, 09:04 PM   #1
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom
Default just had to post this one

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Every American citizen needs to read this!

just had to post this gem.

there ya go....
Old 04-05-06, 11:48 PM   #2
flfireman

Wonder what the liberal newspapers would do to that now. Hell, the white house staff would edit it before it got to the podium.
Old 04-05-06, 11:50 PM   #3
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

The media would wet their pants, because TR would have called it like he saw it. Got this in an email:

After 9/11, many Americans were swept up in the feeling of shared pain and loss of life and the cowardly attack on our country. Many Americans expressed their anger, concern and patriotic spirit, by buying and flying American flags.

Many millions of flag decals and flags for car roof tops were sold and became a common sight as we went about our daily lives.

Sadly those sentiments have waned and while many choose still to show their support and love of their country, by flying the American flag, many others have seemingly forgotten. They have slipped casually back into their lives and once again must be awakened to the threats that daily present themselves to our country and our people.

Perhaps they are waiting for the next attack on America to occur. If so, I say that attack has begun as is currently in full swing.

The attack against America has now presented itself in the form of an attack on our flag and our patriotism directly.

With the recent debates and marches across America concerning illegal immigration, we have seen several million people across the country. Marching and demanding "their rights" and flying the Mexican flag as their banner, standard and call to march.

We have also seen our flag attacked directly and indirectly and most recently? We have seen our flag and the things that this country stands for, demeaned and forbidden as a result of the Mexican insurgency seemingly rising across America. The actions have not only been taken by those that are marching in the streets and seeking some supposed right to become legal Americans, but those actions have also been taken by those that are in charge of our schools and by our public officials.

The thought police and the politically correct brigades are already at work across America, attempting to deny kids in California their rights. Not only have they been denied the right to wear patriotic symbols or clothing, but they have been denied the right to even have American flags on their personal vehicles or to even wear clothing that is red white and blue to their school., concerning the issue on illegal Mexican immigration.

The prominent example of this action has been taken by the Ocean Side school system in San Diego California. But as time passes and without a ground swell of support to oppose this ludicrous action, it will surely find acceptance in other school systems across America and in other governmental decision making as time and anxieties increase.

As we all know, this is not about immigration or about those involved, and only attempting to become Americans. They are not Americans and they do not want to become Americans. One look at their protests and their actions to date, should demonstrate clearly, that their intentions are far from altruistic or aimed at patriotic allegiance to their newly adopted country.

So I as an American, am asking my friends and neighbors, to break out those American flags and fly them. Fly them from your homes, bring back your car flags and proudly wear the red, white and blue in some fashion everyday. Do it for your kids and your country and those that have fought and died to give you that right.

For it is not a privilege, nor is it something that should be given to permission from any state or local government body in this country.

We are Americans. I believe that it is time that we once again began to act like Americans. Fly the American flag and be proud of it. Don't allow anyone to deny you our your children that right.

If millions of American stand together on this issue and fly their flags and contact their elected officials and express their opinions on this issue and on the issue of illegal immigration? You will be surprised at the results that a unified voice of millions will have on those in Washington and those in the state houses across this nation.

The time is now to stand up for what you believe in and support and the time is now for each of us, to let our elected officials know precisely how the silent majority of Americans really feels on these issues.

Please take the time to think about this, then take the time to notify your representatives. Then take the time to show your pride and commitment to America, by flying "your" flag every day and wearing your colors for all to see.

Banning the flag because it might offend someone? In an AMERICAN public (i.e. taxpayer funded) school? I don't think so.

Last edited by Rebbasser; 04-05-06 at 11:57 PM.
Rebbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 12:10 AM   #4
flfireman

Amen to both of them. I keep my 9/11 red, white and blue rememberance decal on my truck. Got a few more if it ever fades. We pushed the city to install lights at the Fire stations so we can fly old glory 24-7.
Old 04-06-06, 04:57 PM   #5
ROBZILLA

Were losing that up here tommy, Canada is getting worse every year. I think we should close off our borders to countrys out side North America.
Old 04-06-06, 05:15 PM   #6
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

tom i never knew ya read jbs harbour of rants wtg! have a absolute and cranberry on me!In the United States during the 1880's and 1890's, the belief in the inferiority of the "colored" races eventually led to the belief in the inferiority of all peoples who differed racially, culturally, or ethnically from "native-Americans", those Americans of Anglo-Saxon descent. Thus, racism evolved into a feverish nativism by the 1890's. Americans grew alarmed with all immigrants who differed from American ideals and customs. Immigrants were seen as the cause of municipal corruption, alcoholism, poverty and crime. Furthermore, Americans abhorred the immigrants involvement in labor unrest, political radicalism, and violence. However, economic competition and employment seemed to be the largest cause of friction between Americans and the new immigrants. By the end of the nineteenth century, mushrooming nationalism and patriotism, along with an entrenched Social Darwinism, combined to create a feeling among many Americans that immigrants and other 'biologically inferior" people were unfit to become Americans.
In response to this increased nativism, congress began enacting laws to exclude so-called "undesirables". In addition to Orientals and contract laborers, Congress halted the immigration of criminals, lunatics, idiots, vagrants, polygamists, and diseased persons. By 1903, Congress added epileptics, beggars, prostitutes, and anarchists to the growing exclusion list. Yet, racial purists desired further exclusion acts based on literacy and national origins quotas. The American Protective Association and the Immigration Restriction League emerged during the 1890's to halt the "menace of the foreign-born".
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.