Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-11, 08:22 AM   #1
AutzenSection37
BassFishin.Com Member

Default My dilemma...opinions appreciated.

Hey guys,

My name is Aaron. I'm brand new here and would really appreciate as many points of view as I can get.

I've never had a boat. I have fished from a pontoon for years and loved it but two years had a leg injury that won't allow me to get the pontoon to the water very easily. Atleast not the water I want to be fishing.

I gave up fishing for a couple of years but am getting around a lot better and decided it's time to get a boat.

I've heard a lot of bad things about buying a used boat. I hear they are often unreliable and turn into huge money pits. I have a limited budget and naturaly I'd like to get the best boat for my money.

So basically here's my question...Would you buy a lesser brand boat with probably less options but brand new? Or, would you go for a used boat but a top of the line brand? (If you want to tell me what brand I should get that's ok and I will definately read it, but I noticed a lot of older threads on the subject already and will be diving into those much more thoroughly soon).

My wife gave me an allowence of $25,000 and that's probably going to have to include what ever else I might need..ie. fish finder, life jackets, inital repairs, registration ect.

I plan to do as much research as I can and chose/buy a boat this winter.

Thank you for any advice you can share.

Aaron
AutzenSection37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.