Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-12, 03:44 PM   #1
jig fisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Comprimise is part of what got us into this problem, sometimes people need to be ignored, because wrong is wrong.
And if we ignore our problems and avoid them how can we expect to fix them?
Old 07-16-12, 05:28 PM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
The next time you hear someone sneer about all the deadbeats in this country who don't pay income taxes, you might want to suggest that if they earned more, they'd pay more.
I understand what you're trying to say, but it totally misses the point.

That being: American workers earning (being paid) more is a major part of the issue driving corportate profit down, USA made product costs up and jobs lost overseas. That includes not just wages, but benifits. American workers have already priced themselves out of world, as well as domestic, markets. I am going to stop here as the economy, both domestic and world, is far too complicated for less than a book. But paying the American worker more is NOT the solution to our domestic economic problems and certainly cannot compete as a solution to the world's economic issues but only drive it deeper into turmoil.
Old 07-17-12, 08:24 AM   #3
bassboogieman

From Roanoke, VA yesterday - the latest blub about Obamanomics. Taken directly from the White House transcript of his comments at a fund raiser. The pandering is beyond belief, and this is just too unbelievable that someone in his postition would say this. Someone really needs to grab him by the ears, shake him forcefully and stand him in a corner somewhere with a sock in his mouth for the next 6 months.

Quote:
If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.
SOMEBODY ELSE? WHO? Anyone, expecially a small business owner, should be exceedingly offeneded at being put down for being one. An attitude like his shows comtempt for those that are the backbone of many neighborhoods. Business that cross the lines of sexual orientation, race, religion, or economic statius. With one sentence, this idiot has offended someone in each group somewhere and doesn't care that he did, probably not smart enough to realize he did it, nor any of his advisors - so what does it say about this administration? This guy does not give ANYONE credit for what they do, so WHO does he think should get credit? Himself? Thanks Papa Barack.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 07-17-12 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-17-12, 12:07 PM   #4
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I think I'll have a chat with my boss today. I mean, I should get a raise. After all, he didn't build this business...government did. I'm sure that will work out well for me.

Bruce, it's sad to say, but there are millions of drones in this country who believe him...even though he's never run so much as a lemonade stand (though I'm sure he's probably had a few shut down for code violations). He won't be happy until he's got them storming the castle with torches and pitchforks.

I used to give him credit for his skill at demagoguery, but I've realized it's just not that hard to manipulate the stupid...you just have to lack a soul to live with yourself for doing it.
Old 07-17-12, 12:16 PM   #5
joedog

I'd like to change 'compromise' to 'finding common ground'.
Debate on fellow anglers.....
Old 07-17-12, 03:30 PM   #6
Abbeysdad

I don't care what yall say, I think the Carolina rig (and the lowly night crawler) can produce if it's presented properly!
Old 07-18-12, 12:10 AM   #7
joedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbeysdad View Post
I don't care what yall say, I think the Carolina rig (and the lowly night crawler) can produce if it's presented properly!
Abbeysdad, I'm thinking if you add a little scent your in business!
Old 07-18-12, 12:21 AM   #8
nofearengineer

Default Little Akio from Japan

Little Akio

The teacher said, "Let's begin by reviewing some American History. Who said 'Give me Liberty , or give me Death'?"

She saw a sea of blank faces, except for Little Akio, a bright foreign exchange student from Japan , who had his hand up: "Patrick Henry, 1775," he said.

"Very good! -- Who said, 'Government of the People, by the People, for the People, shall not perish from the Earth'?"

Again, no response except from Little Akio: "Abraham Lincoln, 1863."

"Excellent!" said the teacher continuing, "Let's try one a bit more difficult -- Who said, 'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country'?"

Once again, Akio's was the only hand in the air and he said: "John F. Kennedy, 1961."

The teacher snapped at the class, "Class, you should be ashamed of yourselves, Little Akio isn't from this country and he knows more about our history than you do."

She heard a loud whisper: "F_ _ k the Japs."

"Who said that? -- I want to know right now!? she angrily demanded.

Little Akio put his hand up, "General MacArthur, 1945."

At that point, a student in the back said, "I'm gonna puke.'

The teacher glares around and asks, 'All right! -- Now who said that?"

Again, Little Akio says, "George Bush to the Japanese Prime Minister, 1991."

Now furious, another student yells, "Oh yeah? -- Suck this!"

Little Akio jumps out of his chair waving his hand and shouts to the teacher, "Bill Clinton, to Monica Lewinsky, 1997!"

Now with almost mob hysteria someone said, "You little $hit! -- If you say anything else -- I'll kill you!"

Little Akio frantically yells at the top of his voice, "Michael Jackson to the children testifying against him, 2004."

The teacher fainted. As the class gathered around the teacher on the floor, someone said, "Oh ****, We're screwed!"

Little Akio said quietly, "The American people, November 4, 2008."
Old 07-17-12, 05:02 PM   #9
bassinbob

Bassboggie did you happen to hear all his comments? I did and could not believe my ears.
Old 07-17-12, 07:33 PM   #10
bassboogieman

I didn't hear it, I read the transcript of the "speech" though and it left me totally in disbelief that an individual in his position would utter such insulting crap and he insutlted Americans with total disregard to demographics. As I said he does not give credit to ANYONE that works.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 07-17-12 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-17-12, 09:40 PM   #11
jig fisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
As I said he does not give credit to ANYONE that works.
What does he care, the majority of hard working Americans won't vote for him anyway. But even more so is the fact that he will do whatever it takes to get re elected.
Old 07-18-12, 12:50 AM   #12
joedog

Ken I tried not to laugh....but I did.
Reread and laughed again.
Old 07-18-12, 04:08 AM   #13
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Who creates infrastructure? Who educates workers? Who creates and maintains a legal system? I could keep going on, but I'm sure you get my point...so business, not only small business exists in a vacuum?

By the way, could I have a link to where you read the whole transcript of the President's speech at the Roanoke Fire House #1, on July 13th?

Last edited by Dogmatic; 07-18-12 at 04:54 AM.
Old 07-18-12, 05:46 AM   #14
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

How much money do you contribute to your Senator or Representative, because he/she ain't listening to you, unless there is a check, a very large, check attached to your correspondence.
Old 07-18-12, 07:24 AM   #15
Tavery5

I have stayed clear of this conversation, it got too personal to be rational in my opinion.
Guys I have a favor to ask, let's as a group decide to let this thing sleep, at this point it is no longer productive.
There are other sites to passionately discuss politics, let's get back to the fun of talking about fishing.
Old 07-18-12, 10:04 AM   #16
bassboogieman

Quote:
By the way, could I have a link to where you read the whole transcript of the President's speech at the Roanoke Fire House #1, on July 13th?
It WAS the 13th, got my dates off, FRIDAY the 13th. But anyway here ya go, just like a liberal - getting someone else to do your leg work for ya!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...anoke-virginia

Sorry Tav and others, if you are put off by the chatter here, but it is in the area designated as "NON-fishing Related Talk" and I think meets that criteria. Just ignore it, if you do not wish to participate. This is but a small segment of the conversations going on all over the Country and it's ugly. Just look at this thread (what 7 pages now and only a few people) as a miniscule slice of what is going on nation wide, multiply that several million fold and what do you think we have? Trouble, my friend - big trouble. No it won't get solved here but maybe it will bring to the attention of many just how serious a problem we, as a Country, have.

"A Nation divided, cannot stand", remember that one? Well we are again at that crossroads, what happened then cannot happen now as the stakes are even higher. Apeasing one side at the expense of the other will only widen the gap and my entire point has been - that IS what is happing and both sides are guilty of doing so. I have found no canidate in the current political arena that will change that and it worries me, terribly, and I hate to think of waiting until 2016 for the HOPE (and a slim one) of finding one that will. The outlook, from my eyes, is pretty dismal and the breakdown we've witnessed in this thread is a fine example of what I'm seeing in the polarization of the oposing sides and the gap between is growing.

I don't like it, either here or elsewhere, but discussions need to happen to enrage people to action - not in the street [which may be unavoidable, should the staus quo continue - remember the riots of the late 60's when our last, SERIOUS, devisive issue(s) came to a head?] but at the polls. EVERYONE needs to exercise their privilidge to vote, get informed, get active and as suggested contact you representatives. They need to hear from average Joe American not just the small (in comparison) segment of PAC's or the "big money" lobyists that have far to much influence. Average Joe American has been quiet too long (apathy, perhaps) and needs to speak up and get us back on track. Discussions such as this may just enrage a few people (or start a movement) to do just that, or they will ignore it and we will sink deeper into the abyss.

I'm done and relinquish the soap box to another for rebuttal.

*Content editied due to time constraints.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 07-18-12 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-18-12, 11:17 AM   #17
nofearengineer

If I can't argue about it anymore, I can still post pictures, right?

Old 07-19-12, 11:48 AM   #18
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
If I can't argue about it anymore, I can still post pictures, right?

Its getting to be high time for harbyls if you ask me...
Old 07-19-12, 12:31 PM   #19
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Its getting to be high time for harbyls if you ask me...
NOOOOoooooooo...........NOT THE HARBLZ!!!

Just to keep stirring the pot...

Dogmatic, do you ever use anything in your "debates" that didn't come out of Obama's mouth in the previous 48 hours? You're more of a parrot than.....my parrot. It's pretty obvious that your skills in the "independent fact gathering and checking" department are somewhat lacking.

You portray the Interstate Highway System as some sort of "stimulus package." In reality, it was built because we wanted to be able to move our military from one coast to the other quickly if we needed to; i.e. for military reasons. You know, because of Pearl Harbor? The economic boom caused by it was a very nice unintended consequence.

I find it very ironic that Obama would hold this project up as a shining example of an investment in our nations economic interests, when it was originally an investment in military strength, and he is currently trying to gut our military by half. Also, the irony continues further that the Interstate Highway System is one of the reasons we burn so much of that liquid evil gasoline and keep destroying the planet. You would think he would consider it a bad thing. And if the highways are the reason people became rich business owners, why didn't everyone? Apparently, all it takes is a highway. (I hope that highway runs through Hilary Clinton's village.)

As for the internet, yes it was originally just a quaint way that eggheads at universities and scientific entities played around with their newest toy, the computer. But what the government (the taxpayers) invested in the internet during the 1980's cost less than 10 billion dollars. This is a spit into the ocean compared to the hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars commercial entities invested in the new system.

The most disingenuous thing in his speech (to me) was that he said business owners owe their success to our amazing American system that allowed them to thrive. If our American system was so amazing, then WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGED?!?! (Where is Lieutenant Caffee when you need him?) Obama is the biggest sociopath ever to lie his way into office. He will say anything to anyone.
Old 07-19-12, 02:09 PM   #20
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post

Just to keep stirring the pot...
Old 07-18-12, 11:40 AM   #21
MississippiBoy

Oooh, funny picture time....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I don't always.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	8078  
Old 07-18-12, 12:29 PM   #22
nofearengineer

Wow, Daniel...you definitely found the gem there!

<applause>

Totally stealing it for Facebook.

Last edited by nofearengineer; 07-18-12 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-18-12, 12:41 PM   #23
MississippiBoy

Well, that's fitting, since I stole it from a friend of mine's FB page....
Old 07-18-12, 12:45 PM   #24
doc

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trolls.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	8079

Since were posting funny pictures now I think these fit
Old 07-18-12, 01:13 PM   #25
bassboogieman

Bought sums it up for me, in so many ways.
Closed Thread

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.