Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-08, 07:52 AM   #6
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The 640 is a great little boat at a great price but do yurself a favor. DO NOT buy it with the 50hp if you can afford to get the 90. Its safer and more fuel efficent with the 90. Opt for at aleast a 50lb trolling motor preferably the 67lb thrust. You NEVER have to much trolling motor. As far as electronics I rely heavily on them. I have looked at the list of optiions and I would put the X135 at the front of the boat and at least the X52 at the console. I really woiuld run the X135 at the console as well. Reason being they are EXCELLANT quality and if you ever run into a problem with one or the other not working you can swap back and forth if needed.As far as a charger is concerned you know your gonna have to charge the batteries. You either have to buy to Deep cell battery chargers or use the one installed in the boat. I personally love the fact when done fishing all I have to do is back in and plug in the extension cord that is already there. If you have stand alone chatgers you gotta drag them out hook em up and most of the time its either raining,late or your tired. Get the picture. Also on that rig they give you your choice of props. MAKE SURE you get the Laser ll prop. I KNOW that prop works well on that rig. The Optimax is a great motor but I can GURANTEE you that the ELPTO is a GREAT motor ,easy on gas if you keep a few things in mind. Run good fuel and use Seafoam as an additive and you can be rest assured you will have tons of hours of very good performance outta your rig. You need any more questions answered gimme a holler bud.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.