Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-13, 11:09 PM   #11
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post

someone asked me if there is a rulle AGAINST USING LIVE BAIT. now i say that you msut use ARTIFICIAL BAIT ONLY. but i will leave it to kenneth and the judges to decide the final verdict. what say ye ol gurus of the contest?
!
Of all the questions asked about the rules this one I think might be worth getting more than a couple of casual nods. I'm guessing that 10% or less of the contestants use live bait much if at all. I could imagine that if one of us happened to catch the winning fish on bait that it could open the door to some hurt feelings. As someone who spent 5 years studying and perfecting the art of correctly freeling shiners, and have nothing but respect for the skill and patience it takes, I still understand that the majority of fisherman haven't done it-don't understand it-and consider it borderline cheating whether it's "legal" or not.

So I strongly suggest we go with artificials only or at least get a clear MAJORITY to agree to amend the rules to include them. (which by the way would be the only change/amendment since originally posted).

Bryce is this a morality play? I don't think so, but I'm not really sure what a morality play is?

Last edited by kennethdaysale; 01-30-13 at 11:33 PM.
kennethdaysale is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.