Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-11, 01:22 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Pray for lisa and her mom, we putting down one of our horses today

no they are not in medical trouble.
today we are putting down one of our horses. GAZELLA ROCHELE is her name but we all call her ROSIE or MAMA ROSIE. she is 27 years old, a bonafide EGYTIAN/ARAIBAIN mare. (forgive my spelling please). she is the sweetest of the 3 we have and the oldest. ol ARTHURITIS has finally gotten her as it did our gallie-man. she can hardley walk from the pain in her rear end. when she lays down to roll, it takes us to help her get up after she has tried for over 20 mins on her own. thought many times she just wouldn't get up. but she does.
anyway, lisa and her mother will be having a very hard time, me as well. i will miss going out into the pasture and jsut giving her a big ol hug. she is the only one that would ever jsut stand there and let you do that. she loved it as much as me i think. she loved kids too. would walk ever so softly with a kid on her back. we ahven't rode her in 5 yrs or so cause she was getting on in years.
she has given birth to one of our other horses, DIAMOND. and she had another daughter previously called SALLY. sally is gone now, trailer accident when my dad sold her, so she will be waiting on her mother we think.
it's always har dot do what is right with a pet. but we all know it is time for this old girl to rest. she has done enough for us. she will be sorely missed.

so if oyu folks would say a prayer for my wife and her mother, they will need it over the next few days. ROSIE was the favorite as far as a "pet". would let oyu do anyting to her without any trouble.
i thank you folks from the bottom of my heart.
Old 07-20-11, 02:48 PM   #2
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Will do. It is always tough when losing dearly loved pets.
Old 07-20-11, 03:37 PM   #3
1/4 stick

Prayers being sent bama. I'm sorry to hear that. I love horses. Never had a place to keep one, nor the money to treat one the way it deserves. But I've always loved them.
Old 07-20-11, 04:57 PM   #4
bassboogieman

You got 'em bud. My ex and I had horses for a while years back, we hunted fox and rode for fun. Horses are great animals, but man the work involved in keeping them will keep you busy.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-11, 05:30 PM   #5
keithdog

You have my prayers John. Having to let a beloved pet go is so very hard. I know where your at with this one. You'll all be on my mind the next few days.
Old 07-20-11, 06:11 PM   #6
bamabassman

jsut got the word, MAMA ROSIE is gone now. she didn't even fight it lie most horses do the vet said. she was ready. no i couldn't go there to see it. she was given to me by my father, i gave her to lisa and her mother. but i loved her the most out of the 3 we have. the baby, DIAMOND, is ROSIE'S last offspring. she had 5 in her life i think. gonna miss the hugs she let me have. sad day here. lisa is ok though, her om is too. they knew it was time.
Old 07-20-11, 06:19 PM   #7
Jrob78

I will send up a prayer for you guys. Our animals become a huge part of our family, horses too. I will keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers, my heart goes out to you.
Old 07-20-11, 06:50 PM   #8
nobass

you and lisa and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers
Old 07-20-11, 06:54 PM   #9
Bassboss

Sounds like yall lost a really good horse, but definitly did the right thing by the sound of it. prayers sent.
Old 07-20-11, 06:56 PM   #10
Top Tiger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

That's a sad thing, John. My thoughts are with you.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-11, 09:51 PM   #11
bamabassman

thank you all, lisa and her mother are taking it better than i expected. it may be jsut on the surface though. lisa's mother is the one who REALLY takes care of them. so she is the most hurt over it. but she knew it was the right thing to do.

i want to thank each and every one of you for the prayers and kind words. it makes a difference folks, it truly makes a difference.
Old 07-22-11, 04:01 PM   #12
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
thank you all, lisa and her mother are taking it better than i expected. it may be jsut on the surface though. lisa's mother is the one who REALLY takes care of them. so she is the most hurt over it. but she knew it was the right thing to do.

i want to thank each and every one of you for the prayers and kind words. it makes a difference folks, it truly makes a difference.
Sorry I am late getting in on this John, I haven't been on here much in the last few days because of work. I am sorry you guys had to put her down but it sounds like it was the right call, most often the right thing to do isn't the easy thing to do so I am proud of you guys doing what had to be done.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-11, 05:24 PM   #13
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Man that's a tough one.

Sorry to hear. Horses are near and dear to our hart.

The picture is my baby and don't even want to think about the day.
Attached Images

Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-11, 06:52 PM   #14
bamabassman

beautiful "baby" vegass.

again, we thank you folks for the thoughts and prayers. i am making a cross for the grave tomorrow. gonna use my router and ingrave her name on it. i still find myself looking for her in the pasture. but it's ok, she is fine now.
Old 07-22-11, 07:54 PM   #15
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Thanks and you will find yourself feeding her to I am sure before you adjust. Just remember it is whats best and what's best always hurts the most they say...
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.