Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-12, 09:48 AM   #1
Mumpy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default How would you set this up

Hey guys,
I’ve purchased a Nitro Z7 and I’m in the process of getting it decked out. The Boat comes with a Lowrance Mark-5x Pro fishfinder that is flush mounted in the Console. I’ve purchased a Lowrance HDS7 Gen2 and a HDS5 Gen2 with Structure Scan, the entire works. I told them to Take the Lowrance Mark-5x Pro out of the Console and Flush mount the HDS7 and put the HDS5 up front and network the two. They aren’t going to get to doing any of the installation until Monday so I have some time here to change my mind.

Last night I was thinking about it and thought, Should I leave the Lowrance Mark-5x Pro flush mounted and have them Mount the HDS7 up front with a Ram Mount and the HDS5 next to the Console with a Ram Mount and instead of networking the two have the Front read off the Trolling motor Transducer and the Back Mounted read the Structure Scan, or can both read the Structure Scan and the Front get it’s DI and SI from the Trolling Motor Transducer?

Lots of questions as you can tell. But I really want to get this right before I go pick it up and decide I don’t like the way I have it set up.

Thanks a ton guys!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.