Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-05, 11:02 PM   #26
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva
Default Re: Terrorist in London

trap
i used to think you were ok.not anymore..you are a traitor and not worth bothering with.you don't even know what you are talking about.have you considered moving to france?you really do belong there..or maybe you can just join that sick cult they call a religion(muslim).since you such an expert on maybe you can tell us why no muslims have condemned these bombings.could it possibly be that the muslim religion is not a religion at all?just a front for terrorism.
i know i said i wasn't posting here anymore,but when someone starts standing up for terrorism and saying bad things about my country then it's time i stand up and say GOD BLESS AMERICA,OUR TROOPS,AND OUR PRESIDENT.and you can go straight to hell with your muslim buddies.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-05, 11:12 PM   #27
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Trap, I'm not the one whose too big of a pu$$y to stand and argue my points. Â*Like I said, if you don't think you can cut it tell your brother to get on here. Â*Or if you don't think he can cut it, call the local university and get their best poli-sci professor on here. Â*Or if he doesn't want to, give vermont a call and tell that asshat Howard Dean that I'm calling him out. Â*

I haven't had a discussion like this since grade school. Â*I mean this is grade school level chickening out on your part. Â*"I would but I don't have the time". Â*"I would but I don't care what you say" Â*"I'm not a chicken, you're a turkey!" Â*"My big brother can kick your butt" Â*

I'm laughing my @ss off at you trap. Â*Just go away and sulk if you're that scared. Â*
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 12:36 AM   #28
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

By claiming that Bush is the "REAL terrorist" you do two things.

First, you are insinuating that Bush, vis a vis the US Military, is deliberatly attacking innocent people in order to make a political point. That is a false statement, and I will leave it up to Rob Mak if he wishes to explain the details of why its a false statement as I believe he has been on the ground. A military action is not terrorism BTW.

Second, the word "REAL" behind terrorist implies that the "terrorists" that Bush is targeting are not real terrorists. Then again, maybe you didn't think that through, as you say your arent in favor of terrorism but thats the only logical end that one can arrive at from your "real terrorist" statement.

Now, regarding whether or not our country does stupid stuff, I will say, hell yes it does. Often times the root of these mistakes though, is not from the likes of the Neo-Cons, but rather instigated by your proffesed side.

For instance, you say...."sometimes you and the united states has to stop thinking about themselves for once.. "

What happens when we stop working in our own self interest?

The answer was in Mogudishu.

What did we get for all our concern? Black hawk down.

Theres the real world trap and the fictitious one. In the fictitious world the UN's charter is to promote peace and stability, France is concerned about Abu Graibs poor, poor prisoners and Russia is a peace-loving society. In the real world the UN acts as a check on the US because they are strong and the other member nations need to hang on to that power and ability, France wishes they were still imperial and begrudges the US's international might so much that they try to hurt it any way possible, and Russia wants to return to the good old days when it owned half of eastern europe by virtue of a 6 pound gun and a thermonuclear bomb.

Old 07-11-05, 12:48 AM   #29
bigcheese43
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigcheese43

im with wtl
bigcheese43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 09:18 AM   #30
reddscott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to reddscott

I DONT CARE I DONT CARE SHUT UP NOW
reddscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 11:22 AM   #31
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Geez trap, sometimes you strike me as being downright feeble for a kid the age of 20. Well, if you don't realize it already I'll be the one to tell you point blank once again that I'm not gonna shutup. You're gonna have to be the one to shut his trap. Don't bother to reply to me again, really this has been a useless excercise for you and only useful for me in demonstrating the thoughtlessness of your side.
Old 07-11-05, 11:25 AM   #32
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

Damn good posts WTL! Iim sorry, but this is AMERICA, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 11:43 AM   #33
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman

First of all im not a redneck and second of all when I turn 18 im going to join some branch of the military!
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 12:16 PM   #34
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

You accuse me of plagiarism? Thats easy enough to prove trap, take phrases from my "speeches", cut and paste them into google and if they really are from articles on the net you will find the plagiarized articles soon enough.

You accuse me of big words? Well, Sir, if you find my diction so difficult to understand merely ask for a clarification!

I have nothing better to do that spend time on a message board...GUILTY! As are you trap. I admit I am at work now, sitting in front of the 'puter, alternating between the fishing board, the football board, and reading Moby Dick.

Saddam never did anything to us? He shot at our planes every day as we patrolled the no-fly zone which he agreed to as a condition of his surrender for the first gulf war!

Old 07-11-05, 12:41 PM   #35
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

I am saddened to see such stereotypes flying off from people I respect.

I'm all for patriotism. I think we should all do what we can do make our country a better place to live in.

But I can't believe I've seen stereotypes, that in essence, say "French people suck!" and "Liberals are idiots!"

I am not french, and I am not a liberal, but I don't find the need to show prejudice towards them. It is similar to nationalism, and nationalism isn't going to help anyone.

I'm not going too deep into politics here, because I admit that I am not very knowledgeable about them. However, I do know that

1. Prejudice is wrong
2. Nationalism is wrong

I think we all need to take a deep breath. Shame on anyone who made a degrading stereotype. Let's see part of the solution, not the problem.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 01:00 PM   #36
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Lone, I really do appreciate your post. It is an attempt at reason in a thread which has gone downhill. I agree also with what you said regarding stereotypes and nationalism, but as for having prejudices, that is a more complicated matter. We all have prejudices, some good and some bad. The bad ones are blind, derived neither from experiance or reason. The good prejudices are those that have been honed by demonstrable knowledge. For example, the idea that members of Al Qaeda are prone killing innocent people, that is a prejudice against Al Qaeda and all its members, and one that I heartily and unapologetically hold to be true at that.
Old 07-11-05, 01:08 PM   #37
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

So were back to not caring again? Right.
Old 07-11-05, 01:27 PM   #38
reddscott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to reddscott

Kevin please close this thread
reddscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 01:33 PM   #39
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Just how many threads have you asked kevin to close since you've been here? What are you embarrassed about? Oh well, yea Kevin go ahead and close it. I'll start another thread on politics and will gladly discuss, not argue, with the other members of bassfishin.com if they wish. I know I'm a bag of wind sometimes but its my other element besides fishing.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.