Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-05, 07:06 AM   #1
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Unhappy

Sorry myself if I offended anyone with my comment. I just get po'ed with this subject easy. I say lets drop it and go back to talkin fishin.
Old 08-03-05, 03:39 PM   #2
Denny_ohio
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default that sounds good 2 me

Yeah fishing...there's nothing better,but football is right on it's heals
Go PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry again if I mad anyone mad,I dont like doing that...Im not that kinda guy Good day all smile we are
fisherman Denny
Old 08-03-05, 05:30 PM   #3
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i just had to get in my 10 cents... all is forgiven, and football season is fast approaching, so i'll be in heaven even when it gets cold up here! GO BILLS

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-05, 08:26 PM   #4
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

first of all......lets not jump all over eachother........its called freedom of speech........now with that being said, all the soldiers over seas are there by THEIR OWN CHOICE.......they were not forced to join the military.......also....by saying lets pull our troops out now would be the worst thing possible. that shows weakness.......thats tells the terrorrists...''hey lets go bomb and kill the americans, they wont do nothing about it'' that is the whole point we are fighting......we have made up....''more pollitical reasons why'' but if you get right down to it, it is because we are saying....''you mess with us, were gunna mess you up worse'' the war is unaviodable........it is something that has tobe done.........sure we have had alot of casualties....but look at their side......im not sure the number....but they have somewhere in the range of 100,000 lost.......lets also stop think about ourselves.....look at all the lives we have made happier in the middle east.....they are now getting a taste of freedom......which most of them has never even thought of having till we came. so lets just remember.......war is unavoidable....its something that needs to be done. all of the.....''anti-war'' people........remember that.......our troops are over there by their choice.......it was their say whether they wanted to be in the military or not. im am all for AMERICA........god bless it, and all of our troops.
Old 08-03-05, 11:04 PM   #5
Skeeter

Denny, (and all others)

First off, my apologies for jumpin(typing) on you so quickly. I tend to speak before I think on many things and this was one of them. Everyone, I repeat everyone is entitled to their own opinion/freedom of speech and that's all you were doing.

Please here my side of it though about how I feel when I read posts such as yours, or for that matter, many others. I've been in Iraq, at Baghdad International Airport. Granted it was only for about 2 months and by no means do I ever want it thought that I'm implying that I've ever been remotely in danger as most Army, Marines and Special Forces are there on a daily basis. Sure, we had a few morters and rockets launched at us on occassion, but they usually hit when you were on the crapper(try taking cover in that position) But, I have been there. I've scene what we're doing on both a humanitarian effort and an effort to rid terrorism. I can speak much more on the humanitarian effort as I went on a couple of trips delivering everything from toiletries and food, to candy and toys to children. If you could see the thanks and the smiles in the childrens faces, you'd absolutely DIE! You see, the people we deliver these things to LOVE us and want us there. They were oppressed before the war and now live in fear of their lives because they believe in the cause. If the terrorists find them, They kill them, simple as that. Believe it or not, a larger majority of Iraqis want us there because they want to be free. I worked with about 30 of them and they are truly a wonderful people. Don't get me wrong, they want the job finished and for us to kindly leave, BUT NOT TIL THE JOBS DONE so they can live with the same fear as you and me. Thieves, robbers, murederers, pedophiles........you get my point I'm sure.

I'm getting off my soapbox now. My whole point though is this, I wish all people who only see what happens from the LIBERAL reporting of our media to not be so quick to state their opinion about what's happening over there now. You can say we should have never went in there and we could have a warm debate about that. No one would be wrong for taking either side on that one. The fact is though we're there now, so it's time to finish the job we started, hopefully sooner than later for all the troops there.

Again, my apologies for typing so quickly on the last message,

Skeeter
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-05, 11:14 PM   #6
texasfisher
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to texasfisher

i am watchin it and am not impressed at all the show sucks
texasfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-05, 11:22 PM   #7
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Yes it does. There was nothin on and the ball game went off so I decided that I was going to check it out and it was pretty bad.
Old 08-04-05, 04:32 AM   #8
Denny_ohio

Thumbs up respect to all

Skeeter,Rob and everyone else.I have read your posts and just say I respect
everyone's opionon Man's is anyone else tired of the HEAT
Denny
Old 08-04-05, 12:48 PM   #9
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

well, after last winter... the 95 degree heat is welcome... but if maybe 10 of the degrees wants to leave... that's a big ten-four with me... and likewise, i respect everyone's opinion... i just like mine better !! after all, that's the great thing about America! we can all argue and think our own way without fear of the government taking action against us (such as what happened in Nazi germany and the soviet union, and Iraq in the not so distant past... and even as i type this)

God Bless America, and God Bless all of you... we're all Americans

United we stand

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-05, 01:54 PM   #10
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

I like the cold better than heat myself........ Thats why I long for hunting season.......
Old 08-04-05, 03:00 PM   #11
PowerBass

Yeah I agree Dyas
Old 08-04-05, 05:02 PM   #12
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

i watched it again last night......it was reallistic, and i thought it to be interesting.........by no way was it degrading to our military.
Old 08-04-05, 06:14 PM   #13
Sluggo Man

Alabama doesn't even get cold!

Try a -10 degree heat wave, and see how it feels!
Sluggo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-05, 10:29 PM   #14
flfireman

WOW! Both boys from across the pond firing off. Whats better is how close the timing was. Keep up the good work. Stay low, stay safe, and damn it- God Bless Ya'! Sorry couldn't help the last part.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.