Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-08, 09:31 AM   #1
fishing man
BassFishin.Com Member

Default spike-it

hey, i just got a couple things of spike it cyber glo and spike it Dip-N-glo, in the aresol cans (they were .95 at gander mountain and had to get some) and i was wondering what everyone on here thought bout them. do they work? and even the cyber glo one says to use it on super flexxx baits only can i use it on regular soft plastics? any other info would help a ton. thanks
fishing man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-08, 09:37 AM   #2
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I've never used it, but thanks for telling me about the price. Now I have to go there later.

Dropkick Murphys are awesome, by the way.
Old 03-30-08, 10:45 AM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i rather use the bottle rather than the spray you get a more uniform dye job.please it don't get all over the place.i use it on all plastics it do not seem to hurt it any though i do have to seperate the legs on bush hogs when i dye them so they wont stick togather..

zooker
Old 03-31-08, 10:49 PM   #4
carolina-rig-01

never used the spray or dip, but i am a big believer in the markers. sure the spray and dip is good too, the markers are all i allow in my boat though so i don't get a huge mess!
Old 04-01-08, 03:53 AM   #5
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I'm bummed I was at our Gander Mountain and they had none whatsoever according to the employees. The thing about that store is that they're always rearranging everything and I have to search forever to find the hooks every time I go.

I have to say I love their Guide Series rods and reels for the price, they're way better than BPS brand combos. They have bins of spinnerbait blades and soft plastics for super cheap, and the employees actually know what they're talking about, as opposed to BPS.
Old 04-01-08, 08:16 AM   #6
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishing man View Post
and even the cyber glo one says to use it on super flexxx baits only can i use it on regular soft plastics? any other info would help a ton. thanks

I use the bottled stuff for regular plastics only. I don't use the cyber flexx baits, but I made the mistake of getting the spike it in the spray one time and sprayed it on my regular plastics. It just comes right off, it will not stick to or penetrate the regular plastic. So I chunked those cans, they are very messy as well.
Old 04-01-08, 08:37 AM   #7
links_man2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
i rather use the bottle rather than the spray you get a more uniform dye job.please it don't get all over the place.i use it on all plastics it do not seem to hurt it any though i do have to seperate the legs on bush hogs when i dye them so they wont stick togather..

zooker
zooker, I was having trouble with tubes sticking after I dipped the tails. The way I got around it, was I dip it in the Dip-n-Glow then swish it in a can of water and shake it off. That keeps the dye from making the plastic stick and it still retains the color.
Old 04-01-08, 06:32 PM   #8
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by links_man2 View Post
zooker, I was having trouble with tubes sticking after I dipped the tails. The way I got around it, was I dip it in the Dip-n-Glow then swish it in a can of water and shake it off. That keeps the dye from making the plastic stick and it still retains the color.
i do some pre dying at times if i am fish with some one else. in my ride in get about 10 feet of line out rig the plastics then dye as soon as the bait clears the bottle i chunk it in the lake.. nice and free action..

zooker
Old 04-01-08, 06:38 PM   #9
JB

my tourney partner tony swears by spike it. I'm with zooker on this one, get the tails ready the night before instead of lugging the
dip bottle on the deck.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 10:06 PM   #10
links_man2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I always pre-dye. Never want a bottle of that stuff in my boat. Bad enough running around with chartreuse fingers all the time. Just tell everyone that is the latest style---they will come along soon.
Old 04-01-08, 10:51 PM   #11
carolina-rig-01

i just thought of this. like i said i don't allow the dip to be in my boat so i haven't had to use it but it sounds like a good deal to have in the boat.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=SearchResults
Old 04-02-08, 01:17 PM   #12
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
i just thought of this. like i said i don't allow the dip to be in my boat so i haven't had to use it but it sounds like a good deal to have in the boat.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=SearchResults

I use it all the time, keep several bottles in the boat and usually carry some with me in other folks boats. You have to be careful not to spill it, but if you do, it will ultimately dissipate and dissappear even without the neutralizer. It may take a while, but if does dissappear. If you get it on your hands, you definitely want to wash it as quickly as possible (I keep a bar of Ivory soap in a soap container in my boat. Why Ivory? Because it floats!). If you don't wash it, every soft plastic bait you touch will get dyed!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.