Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-09, 02:36 PM   #1
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Cap trade and sink!

I am extremely concerned about our current situation with the cap/trade bill. I have been racking my brain tyring to figure out how this is going to create jobs. I think the only jobs it will create are government jobs, which will just push us further into an economic meltdown.

I work in real estate investments and can tell you that it's going to completely change how we operate. Did you know? This bill requires all homes to have an energy rating and also prior to a sale all homes must have an energy audit. Well, energy audits don't come cheap...around $1,000 and must be paid to the inspector up front. I can see that if you want to have an energy audit and can afford it that it's a good thing, but to be forced upon us is ridiculous! I did not review the bill in its entirety since I'm mainly concerned with my how it will impact my company, I can only imagine how the coal plants, papermills, oil refineries and other major industrial companies feel about this.

I'm not turning this into a political debate, this is going to put a lot of people out of work. I know 100% that the papermill near us(where my father retired after 30 years) will shut down, as they are already struggling to make orders.

How does anyone see this as a good thing.....yeah reduce our emissions, but at what cost and the timing is incredibly poor.
Old 07-01-09, 03:10 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Of course it's a total rip off. Have you ever heard of the governemnt helping anyone that didn't turn out to be a total rip off?

Do we think Nanci Pelosi will ever live a "carbon neutral" lifestyle like we will be forced to do or Obama's children will ever wait in line for "Universal Healthcare" like we will? Sorry...that answer is a big NO. Shame on anyone who ever deluded themselves with fantasies of the land of milk and honey enough to vote for these frauds.
Old 07-02-09, 01:47 PM   #3
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Fish320,
You are correct in the fact that this is not a political debate. To debate an issue you have to have someone on the opposing side and so far on this forum that has not happened. Since cap and tax has passed the House, it is now in committee in the Senate. I only know of one thing that can be done and that is to write letters (emails) and make phone calls to your Senators to voice a thought on the subject. Have your friends do the same. If your Congressman/Congresswoman was dumb enough to vote for the bill in the house, work to keep them from getting re-elected. There were Congressmen from coal producing states that voted for it (2 in Kentucky and one in Illinois). I hope they get tossed out on their ear in November 2010. If I seem a little fired up about this, I AM!!!!!!!! I see and hear about this stuff all the time because my wife works for our Congressman.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.