Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-10, 02:41 PM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default Not Grillin' in the Heat!

I decided not to grill in the heat today and come up with something inside. My sister got me wanting Stuffed Mushrooms, but without all the ingredients, I decided to wing my own version of Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms with some brats we had in the freezer.

If only Mallen had come up with this one, we coulda called em "Mallen Mushrooms!"

Bacon, Jalapeño, and Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms

24 stuffing mushrooms, stemmed and wiped with damp cloth
18-20 oz of bratwursts
8 strips of bacon, diced (or about 1/2 cup bacon bits)
4 slices of crusty italian bread
1 small onion, diced
1 jalepeño, seeded and diced
1/2 red bell pepper (or 1 sweet banana pepper), diced
2 celery stalks, from the heart w/ leaves, diced
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 450. (You could also prepare the mushrooms and stuffing beforehand and cook when ready).

Coat the bottom of a large pan with olive oil and preheat. Place mushrooms cap-side-down in the pan and cook until the bottom is browned. Pour the juice out of the mushrooms caps and set aside on a nonstick baking pan.

Butter then toast bread. Then chop into small pieces.

In a large pan, sauté bacon. Remove to a paper towel to drain.

Add brats to the pan and break them up. Cook until slightly browned. Remove brat meat to a plate/bowl.

Sauté onion, jalapeño, sweet pepper, and celery in the pan; salt and pepper to taste (but remember, the brats have a lot of seasoning). When onions are translucent, add the bacon, bread pieces, brat meat, and parmesan cheese. Mix thoroughly until bread becomes soft.

Stuff mushrooms, and place in preheated oven. Bake until edges of stuffing begin to crisp. Cover stuffed mushrooms with cheddar cheese and continue to bake until cheese melts and starts to become crispy.

I've gotten everything made, and will just pop em in the oven before dinner. I'll take pictures if they're not all eaten up while I go get my camera!

BB
Old 07-26-10, 07:05 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Next time you make a batch call me!
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.