Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-06, 12:19 AM   #1
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Doing the right thing

The video game "25 To Life" is due out in stores this month. The object of this game is to kill LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS.

The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund is putting together an on-line petition to boycott this game.

I am asking each of you to go to their web site and please sign the petition and pass along this info to your family and friends.
http://nleomf.com

Let's take a stand for what is right ... please, visit the Memorial web site and sign the petition in memory of all of our fallen officers.

I know some might respond that children won't mimick these games, and for the most part that's true, however there is a small percentage of kids who are literally raised on video games, and it is for these children that a line needs to eventually be drawn, enough is enough, glorify the "gansta" image long enough and many will start to follow (already happening).
Old 02-25-06, 07:07 AM   #2
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Great post Rob, I signed it already.

Lizards
Old 02-25-06, 08:01 AM   #3
crankybait

nice post. and about the children being gangsta thing. im writing an essay in language art about how rap isnt all about being gangsta, and having girls. maybe i can post it when i get it back... but its 4 pages long
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-06, 10:33 AM   #4
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

you bet i signed it..i work in a school.a 3rd grader was raising h*** in the lunchroom.i went over to talk to him..he said "this is the gangsta table".i told him there ain't no gangstas in 3rd grade,not while i'm around.
needless to say eventually this kid was sent to a special school becuse he wouldn't play by the rules...3rd grade!!!! where the he** are his parents?
this is getting out of hand now....where are our kids headed?..jail or dead.
Old 02-25-06, 10:52 AM   #5
crankybait

raising wha? would that be hash? lol 3rd grade gangstas... thats never been there when i was in 3rd grade. there were cool kids who spiked their hair, but no gangstas. i think its older brothers and stuff. like my friend let his 7 year old brother play vice city. do you know if the 3rd grade had any relatives? i know the blood gang is at perth amboys... i know one kid whose brother is in that gang. its all siblings, dont blame it on the parents, they dont know half the stuff their kids do
Old 02-25-06, 11:14 AM   #6
brobrian
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
dont blame it on the parents, they dont know half the stuff their kids do
That is exactly why you blame the parents.

Bro. Brian
Psalm 1:1-6
Old 02-25-06, 11:29 AM   #7
crankybait

hmm youve got a point. but on the parent's defense, id have to say, kids are very damn smart. we can hide lots of facts, sneak out of touble... take for example what happened to zookers boat. many parents do try but not many succeed. to find out everything, youd need to question every bit of behavior in school, ask all friends how we hang out, upturn ever part of the kids room. checking emails and internet doesnt do a thing. my mom checks my email. but hey, kids even know how to delete history, files, viruses and stuff like that.
Old 02-25-06, 03:01 PM   #8
wareagle_fb5308
BassFishin.Com Member

i will definatley sign it bcuz my cousin who was a police officer was killed about 3 months ago
Old 02-25-06, 04:00 PM   #9
Sluggo Man
BassFishin.Com Active Member

To me, it is hypocritical to boycott this game and not boycott all shooter games where you are killing humans, cops or not.
Sluggo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-06, 04:05 PM   #10
crankybait

(vice city)
Old 02-26-06, 10:35 AM   #11
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggo Man
To me, it is hypocritical to boycott this game and not boycott all shooter games where you are killing humans, cops or not.
Where do I sign that petition

Lizards
Old 02-26-06, 01:08 PM   #12
WTL

Quote:
im writing an essay in language art about how rap isnt all about being gangsta, and having girls.
Uh, but Cranky...that is what Rap is all about!
Old 02-27-06, 09:08 AM   #13
PowerBass

you cant spell crap without rap...

Personally, I would say ban these types of games, but please leave the FPS games like Halo, Doom, and all the others. The gang type games should go, but FPS, is one of the biggest game types played by millions online.
Old 02-27-06, 09:19 AM   #14
PowerBass

I signed it though, and support it be taken off the shelf
Old 02-28-06, 07:28 AM   #15
1FASTLASER

Signed and will voice my opinion on the subject. 75% of the younger population has the attitude of not giving a damn about athorative figures. I wholelly agree that the problem lies within the grasp of the parents but on the same hand we have been our own enemy. We have allowed the public to get to much control or to give to many rights to the younger set. What I mean is there aint a kid out there that hasnt heard"I'll call DHS or the law if you spank me" I firmly beleive in if you spare the rod you spoil the child. Not saying my kids are any better than anyone elses, I gurantee you they are rotten to the core but I will bet my last dollar that they knowif they go to far they gonna get there *** busted and it dont matter where we are at.
Old 02-28-06, 07:08 PM   #16
zooker

umm i have this game. i could care less if it is pulled. basicly the same as true crimes streets of la. just differant pespective that is all.. if you fell your need to protest it go for it. still prefur other games which are much more fun -call to honor- being the best i have played so far..outstanding graphics..

what ok i am a gamer sue me..

zooker
Old 02-28-06, 07:19 PM   #17
crankybait

winning- the point of the essay i wrote is to say otherwise. powerbass, sticks and stones and guns can kill rappers but words wouldnt hurt em
Old 02-28-06, 07:28 PM   #18
Christopherkeene9

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybait
hmm youve got a point. but on the parent's defense, id have to say, kids are very damn smart. we can hide lots of facts, sneak out of touble... take for example what happened to zookers boat. many parents do try but not many succeed. to find out everything, youd need to question every bit of behavior in school, ask all friends how we hang out, upturn ever part of the kids room. checking emails and internet doesnt do a thing. my mom checks my email. but hey, kids even know how to delete history, files, viruses and stuff like that.
This is again exactly why you blame the parents! They need to know where their child is and what they are doing. Those kids that did that to zook's boat were UNSUPERVISED by the Parents which is why the parents are to be blamed for this.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-06, 08:40 PM   #19
crankybait

parents have tons of stuff to do dude... yeah they need to know what their children are doing, but do they have the time or extreme wit for it? and fyi parents cant watch their kids all over the place, like at friends houses outside ect. parents need some responsibility, but the children are the bigger part and need to take some maturity onto themselves
Old 02-28-06, 10:30 PM   #20
Fishing4Soup
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintom
where are our kids headed?..jail or dead.
well im headed down to the pond lol thank god for fishing..keeps all of my friends and I out of trouble
Fishing4Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-06, 07:12 AM   #21
Christopherkeene9

Well if their at their friends house it is now the responsibility of the friends parents! And uh my parents are able to watch all four of us and work! Including my Dad's own bus.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.